Toronto International Bike Show, March 13 - March 15

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Toronto International Bike Show, March 13 - March 15
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 15:56 Quote
Alright, so who's going? If anyone has any info on deals, how many companies/bikes there are there or if you are just stoked about going and picking up a new ride, post up. So, if you have anything to say about the show, let us know.
Enjoy

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 16:07 Quote
IT GETS REAL REAL BUSY, then everything good gets taken and it clears out. IF YOU GO EARLY YOULL BE HAPPY. if you show up late you may be disappointed.

Youll find a real good deal on a freeride HT.

theres alot of vendors and ive seen alot of people steal. It gets quite hecktik and every worker at every stand is in panic mode.

its i believe 5- $10 to get in.

you will find alot of good deals as well as deals that are not good at all.
People get too excited at this show and buy under pressure, so be patient. If your buying a bike for next season you have lots of time, you may find somthing you like alot more later on.

If its good weather people ussually go on a downtown tdot urbvan ride. I know all the spots and have led the ride before but unfortuinatealy i have a broken elbow that i just had surgery on. I have my dream bike and cant ride for at leats 2 more months.

good luck at the show, go early, but beware, CROWDS, CHAOS

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:21 Quote
hmm, thanks for the reply.. so is there a line up at the beginning of the show? is it like boxing day where you get there 2 hours before opening? and do you ride the bike away or order? judging by your post it seems that you ride away.. anyway im super stoked for it, especially if i can ride it before the season is really over. thanks again, and if anyone else has something to add then please do.

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:31 Quote
I went last year and im going again this year. The spring one is a million times better in my eyes

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:37 Quote
I realize that it may not be the most exciting show, but i'm purely looking for a deal on a bike. I will probably go to the spring show, but that will likely be just for fun. or are there deals at the spring show as well? im just assuming that there wont be, except maybe a little cheaper coming from the manufacturer directly. what do you say? do companies showcase/sell 08 models at the fall show? thanks

Posted: Sep 26, 2007 at 14:46 Quote
I've never been to the fall show but the spring show has some crazy deals, my friend picked up a gold label for $250 brand new there last year, and saints for the same.but from what I hear the fall one is where you wanna be for buying completes

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 5:54 Quote
you'll get a better deal on an 07 if you wait for the spring show...alot more bikes and more vendors

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 13:46 Quote
where do you guys keep your bikes ill be bringing my bike wit mi friends do you guys just lock them up with a billion locks

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 15:44 Quote
hm so you are sure that the spring show would be better for an 07? it doesnt seem so as the fall show is called a one day blowout sale.. alright well thanks ill try to find out more about both shows i guess.. thanks for the feedback

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 15:50 Quote
does anyone know if there are good deals on forks? im looking for something like a gold label or an argyle, do you think many vendors will have them? also will the prices be any better then at a shop? let me know, thanks

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 16:06 Quote
For an argyle or GL i would wait till spring show. You WILL get a good deal then.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 17:20 Quote
wannakona wrote:
hm so you are sure that the spring show would be better for an 07? it doesnt seem so as the fall show is called a one day blowout sale.. alright well thanks ill try to find out more about both shows i guess.. thanks for the feedback

They just call the fall show that ,i was looking at a bike at the fall show and the best deal i could get for it there was only $10 cheaper then at my local shop. The spring show is the real blowout sale of shops trying to get rid of last yrs stock. Some bikes you can get at half price or better at the spring show. I know i got 2 bikes for the price of one at the spring show (spent $1200 instead of $2500), you're better off saving a little more cash over the winter and getting a great deal at the spring show.

Posted: Sep 27, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
freeswitching wrote:
For an argyle or GL i would wait till spring show. You WILL get a good deal then.

well wouldn't the fall show have better deals because its the end of the season rather than the start, just a thought, anyways i'm not really worried about getting an amazing deal because i know its highly unlikely i just want to find a fork because my local shop has the shittiest stock and it takes them months to get shit in, so do you think vendors will have a decent selection of forks there or are they just focused on selling whole bikes?

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 16:05 Quote
YES, BIKE SHOW, WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! GONNA GET ME SOME FORKS, AND REAR WHEEL!!!!!!! WISH IT WAS THE SPRING SHOW THO, THAT ONE WILL BE AWSOME....

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
what are the chances ill find a deal on a set of syncros dp32 white rims, and a totem or 66?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030939
Mobile Version of Website