Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!

PB Forum :: 29ers
Post Your SingleSpeed Machines!
Posted: Jan 14, 2011 at 11:23 Quote
that was aaages ago Razz dont even have that bike anymore, not so hard to find now i found whereSmile

this dude might be intrested though...

http://amateur-soldier.pinkbike.com/

Posted: Feb 3, 2011 at 11:53 Quote
very jeaslous of the on one , love it

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 5:55 Quote
I assembled the singlespeed, paint-job has to wait, the original paint is reacting with the spray-paint. The frame has to be pearl-blasted. Need to find a shop where they won't charge 4x the worth of my bike haha.

Took it for a quick spin, it's awesome! Didn't fit the new red chain either (yet) I'm not convinced with the ratio I'm riding now. I'll ride it for a bit and then decide. When it's done it will be flat black, red and aluminum accents and maybe a red/grey pin striping if my friend feels fit and up for it Smile Also the blue rubbers will be exchanged with red ones once their worn

photo

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 6:31 Quote
looks all right, has good geometry for a conversion Smile raise the nose of the saddle a notch and a shorter stem would look great

old paint is weird to paint over, makes it crack even after sanding down, try some paint stripper? then sand the rest and wash it, should work...

why not fit a SS kit or bmx freewheel?

Posted: Feb 4, 2011 at 8:53 Quote
nowhere-fast wrote:
looks all right, has good geometry for a conversion Smile raise the nose of the saddle a notch and a shorter stem would look great

old paint is weird to paint over, makes it crack even after sanding down, try some paint stripper? then sand the rest and wash it, should work...

why not fit a SS kit or bmx freewheel?

It's a 20 year old bike. The rear rim isn't that great anymore, so I'm getting a new one. A Focale 44 with flip-flop hub asap. (But I just bought a new camera so I'm kind of broke whehe.)

The paint is weird, I sanded down the clear coating on it, then washed it down with a strong organic industrial cleaner. Still the paint reacted with the one from the spray-can... Now I'm looking for a shop that will take a descent price for pearl/shell-blasting the frame/fork. The ones I called took mostly 4x the price I payed for the entire bike Razz

Posted: Feb 6, 2011 at 14:01 Quote
must be oil rubbed on the paint or something

if its a freewheel just take the cogs off and get a bmx freewheel put on

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 20:27 Quote
Finally got some photos of my 40 year Bridgestone with the new cream coloured tires.

photo

Original parts:
-frame/forks
-neck
-brakes
-BB
-seatpost

Everything else new.

Posted: Feb 17, 2011 at 20:34 Quote
the tires look sweet

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 19:00 Quote
MAX-LT wrote:
Finally got some photos of my 40 year Bridgestone with the new cream coloured tires.

photo

Original parts:
-frame/forks
-neck
-brakes
-BB
-seatpost

Everything else new.

Neck? what the hell is a bicycle neck?

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
psychosupreme wrote:
MAX-LT wrote:

photo

Original parts:
-frame/forks
-neck
-brakes
-BB
-seatpost

Everything else new.

Its another name for the stem...

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 19:33 Quote
psychosupreme wrote:

the part you strangle

Posted: Feb 18, 2011 at 19:38 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cLKcx_4qLpo/SxP5DfYRBOI/AAAAAAAABR4/S5d3BexoHos/s1600/Homer_strangle.jpg

Posted: Mar 8, 2011 at 20:16 Quote
do you guys have any training tips for riding/training for an xc ss event either on a geared or ss bike?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020112
Mobile Version of Website