PB Forum :: Downhill
Best chainguide
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
dog lg slaying is the in thing, get your game up to par

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
mehow1993 wrote:
Get em before the hair does?
Old enough to breath, old enough to breed?
Prevent teenage pregnancy, f*ck a 12 yr old?

k, topic time. Wink
Anyone have experience with mrp? I haven't heard much at all about em. =/

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 18:32 Quote
Definitely best chainguide ever (E13 SRS+)

philw86 wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.e13components.com/images/product/srs_main.jpgSuperlight, easy to install, and if you have any issues I check my email every hour or two and PB forums twice a day or so.

Everything is adjustable, to fit a variety of frames as well. Oh, and the LG1+ is even lighter.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

Posted: Jun 11, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
the gamut p30 is pretty sick

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 0:54 Quote
The E13 LG1 do you see to much! Gamut not, get Gamut that is original and work great!

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 1:11 Quote
It´s a reason why you see alot of LG1s, and thats because they are super easy to install and when installed you will never have any issues with your chain anymore. Alternative is the Srs if you are afraid of the taco bashguard and iscg mounts. The gamut isnt the easiest to install and it take some time before you get it to work properly, if you do at all. I´ve had them all and e13 srs and LG1 is way beyond the gamut

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
mehow1993 wrote:
Get em before the hair does?
Old enough to breath, old enough to breed?
Prevent teenage pregnancy, f*ck a 12 yr old?

k, topic time. Wink
Anyone have experience with mrp? I haven't heard much at all about em. =/

mrp are the chainguide. they have been around since the dawn of time and make all these plastic fashion icons look like plain "plastic".

seriously the mrp stuff is super tough always works and hasn't any small fiddly parts the go missing or caked up with mud.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 2:35 Quote
Just a note from my experiences....

If running 2009 Saint (and I think SLX too) then using any chain device with its own bash [this includes E-13 SRS[+], Gamut e.t.c.] will not work very well, your chain will stay on for the most part but over rough stuff it will most likely get jammed between your bash ring and chain ring as well as knackering your top wear plate - this is because the bash rings are not countersunk to accommodate the increased width in the chain mounting tabs of these new Shimano heavy duty cranks, you can only use them with the Shimano bash ring which is countersunk.

For the reason of this incompatibility with two of the most popular cranksets out there, I would state that none of these chain devices could be considered the best!

My vote goes to MRP from my experience, there stuff just works without any niggles at all!

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 2:54 Quote
ctd07 wrote:

If running 2009 Saint (and I think SLX too) then using any chain device with its own bash [this includes E-13 SRS[+], Gamut e.t.c.] will not work very well, your chain will stay on for the most part but over rough stuff it will most likely get jammed between your bash ring and chain ring as well as knackering your top wear plate - this is because the bash rings are not countersunk to accommodate the increased width in the chain mounting tabs of these new Shimano heavy duty cranks, you can only use them with the Shimano bash ring which is countersunk.

For the reason of this incompatibility with two of the most popular cranksets out there, I would state that none of these chain devices could be considered the best!

My vote goes to MRP from my experience, there stuff just works without any niggles at all!

in another chainguide thread there is a mention of this issue with the new saint cranks and it was mentioned that there will be bashguards from most it not all manufacturers that will cater to this new standard

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 3:57 Quote
ctd07 wrote:

I ride Saint 2009 cranks with the saint bash, but then with Gamut P40. And I haven't any problems with it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 3:59 Quote
SigurdJ wrote:
It´s a reason why you see alot of LG1s, and thats because they are super easy to install and when installed you will never have any issues with your chain anymore. Alternative is the Srs if you are afraid of the taco bashguard and iscg mounts. The gamut isnt the easiest to install and it take some time before you get it to work properly, if you do at all. I´ve had them all and e13 srs and LG1 is way beyond the gamut

On my bike I haven't had any problems with my gamut p40. And I find he is easy to install!

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 4:17 Quote
Always ridden the MRP some coupple of years ago, and serviced me very good.
Runing a E13 srs now and love it, runing my bracket very low and it still runing smooth but have alot of scratches from rocks and other.

Really dont like the LG1, beacuse there isnt bash to keep sticks and your pants oot of the chainwheel

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 4:19 Quote
MRP G2 fo life! havent had any problems with it, and the taco has saved my chain ring a fair few times too!

FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 at 4:21 Quote
NS-FreeRider wrote:
ctd07 wrote:

I ride Saint 2009 cranks with the saint bash, but then with Gamut P40. And I haven't any problems with it.

My mrp sb3 doesnt work with my saints, although it might be because i have a really old frame. My modded mrp is awesome, fits better and easier and actually works! tup

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013598
Mobile Version of Website