Should i go 24 inch?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Should i go 24 inch?
Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
you need to try it to decide. if you ride lots of park and street, 24's would be more favourable, but 26's still kick ass. and if you dont want to drop down to a bmx, then consider a 24.

in my case, i have an stp that i'm keeping ss with 26's, but once i save the money, i found an ad for 600$ for a 24 subrosa cruiser with profile cranks, pimplites, demolition bmx hubs. once i get enough cash i'm buying it, for park and street. but there probs arent going to be any gears on my mtb.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
check out the sunday model C it looks sick imo

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
lexx wrote:
Yeah, It is like the same geometry as a bmx. It is different than other cruisers

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 16:07 Quote
lexx wrote:

my plan is to actually get that frame after a couple months. i love bmx, but it feels retarded.its just too small.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
Your size has nothing to do with it. There are MANY guys over 6' that ride BMX bikes. For strictly street and DJs I would say 20" would be the best by far. If that is not your style, 24s. I would never run 26s for anything but DH or XC. My personal choice/experience.

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
ricar wrote:
Your size has nothing to do with it. There are MANY guys over 6' that ride BMX bikes. For strictly street and DJs I would say 20" would be the best by far. If that is not your style, 24s. I would never run 26s for anything but DH or XC. My personal choice/experience.

maybe it doesnt, but the feel of it sure does.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
The feel is what it all about...

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
ricar wrote:

we truly are on the same page now. here is what i plan on investing in.
so cheap too!! i just need exams to finsh so i can save a bit more, and sell a few things, and get my g2 already. damn instructor bailing on me...

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
tyler-durden wrote:
ricar wrote:

we truly are on the same page now. here is what i plan on investing in.
so cheap too!! i just need exams to finsh so i can save a bit more, and sell a few things, and get my g2 already. damn instructor bailing on me...
That is nice Big Grin

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 12:39 Quote
billeh77 wrote:
i have heard that ruckus's ride good on 24's, so go for it if you want
actually they ride like shit. i tried it.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
only ride 24s on a 24" frame (or one that is a suitable 24/26er). Any wheelsize is suitable for your height as it's only your toptube length which should be relative to how tall you are.

24" wheels are much more practical for dirt,park and street in comparison to 26". There are way more pros than cons to riding 24" wheels and they perform better in all the important aspects that are related to dirt park and street riding.
Theyre stronger, lighter, create less rotational weight, have better acceleration and ability to pump, quicker handling, shorter wheelbase ,theyre eaier to spin on and a much more logical choice. A good choice if you dont want a bmx

26" wheels give you more stability and less rolling resistance at the cost of more encumberment, weight, less strength and overall slower more hindering performance. Good for dh and cross country but not soo good for the trails.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
Nice looking ride.

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 19:54 Quote
go 24" if you want to be a little boy
keep 26" if you want to man up.

the choice is simple

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 19:55 Quote
artifact wrote:

the choice is simple
said the child molester. 24 4 lyyyyyyfe!

Posted: Jun 16, 2009 at 19:56 Quote
ChateLife wrote:
artifact wrote:

the choice is simple
said the child molester. 24 4 lyyyyyyfe!
im sorry, but im unclear on what makes me a child molester.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012409
Mobile Version of Website