Chain Guides and there types

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Chain Guides and there types
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
ive just start to get in to downhill and need a chain guide and dont no what type i have to buy ? couyld someone tell the types off one u can get and wot atchment they are thanks Big Grin

Posted: Jun 14, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
Firstly use the search a thread like this popped up a week ago!

Though connecting them intirley depends on wht bike frame you have.

If you have ISCG (is tht how you spell it) you need to determine if its a 05 or a modern one. as though they are basically the 3 bolts setup there different spacing.

If you have neither form of ISCG you need to get a BB mounting one, it has no bolt attachments because it goes between the BB cup on the drive side and the frame.

The E13 LG1 seems to be a popular choice for an ISCG one. I cant recomend it as i use a BB mounting one which is many years old!

Hope this helps and happy shredding

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
zanginator wrote:
Firstly use the search a thread like this popped up a week ago!

Though connecting them intirley depends on wht bike frame you have.

If you have ISCG (is tht how you spell it) you need to determine if its a 05 or a modern one. as though they are basically the 3 bolts setup there different spacing.

If you have neither form of ISCG you need to get a BB mounting one, it has no bolt attachments because it goes between the BB cup on the drive side and the frame.

The E13 LG1 seems to be a popular choice for an ISCG one. I cant recomend it as i use a BB mounting one which is many years old!

Hope this helps and happy shredding

I just wanted to sidenote that:

ISCG = ISCG-OLD = ISCG-03

ISCG-05 is the newest standard. It has a much larger diameter than ISCG-OLD, and as such is stronger.

Here are the measurements (on our site) if you need to clarify what you have. Even now, many frame makers still use the ISCG-OLD standard. Many others have gone to ISCG-05 in the last year or two (Intense, Santa Cruz, some Commencal, brand new Transitions, etc).

When in doubt, measure it (measure between the bolt hole centers)
http://www.e13components.com/iscg_explained.html

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008673
Mobile Version of Website