Fox 40 rc2 09 vs rockshox boxxer team 2010

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 40 rc2 09 vs rockshox boxxer team 2010
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 8:42 Quote
I am getting a dh fork but cant choose between the two could I have your opinions please Big Grin

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
i would get the boxxers as they are lighter
cheaper and also i think they have more adjustability.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
craigdhboy wrote:
have you riden any of them? i hate people saying oh i think his one is more adjustable, etc, you cant tell if you havent ridden both. I have riden fox 40's on session 88 and hey are amazing, they feel stiff when riding not rough terrain but when its rough its so plush and feels amazing, pretty light aswell, and no boxxer wc is not cheaper and much lighter that 40's. havent roden 2010 boxxers tho

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:32 Quote
personally i would get a 40. they are so smooth. you feel like your stuck to the ground when you ride them. when you think about it 40's have never really changed a whole lot cause they are always on the top of their game. and any 40 is a good 40. with rock shox the boxxer has changed so much over the years and it never stays consitant.

40 all the way

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:33 Quote
personally i find 40's to be overpriced and overhyped, i mean they are by no means bad forks, just i cant see any reason to pay more for them over a boxxer. also i really like boxxers new rebound adjust.

*EDIT* and yes i have ridden both of these forks

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:37 Quote
you can get them cheaper than boxxer wc's....and the damping is waayy better in a 40

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:40 Quote
dlowebiker wrote:
you can get them cheaper than boxxer wc's....and the damping is waayy better in a 40
this guy wants to get boxxer teams though.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
reliability of a 40 is much better than the 2010 boxxer. maybe in a couple years the boxxer will be good for the consumer.

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
dezim wrote:
dlowebiker wrote:
this guy wants to get boxxer teams though.
you get get a 40 for about 1100-1200.....

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 12:58 Quote
variiis wrote:
craigdhboy wrote:
have you riden any of them? i hate people saying oh i think his one is more adjustable, etc, you cant tell if you havent ridden both. I have riden fox 40's on session 88 and hey are amazing, they feel stiff when riding not rough terrain but when its rough its so plush and feels amazing, pretty light aswell, and no boxxer wc is not cheaper and much lighter that 40's. havent roden 2010 boxxers tho

part from he said that he wanted the teams??Madder
and you dont have to ride the fork to know that it has more adjustabilty Facepalm

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
makripper wrote:
reliability of a 40 is much better than the 2010 boxxer. maybe in a couple years the boxxer will be good for the consumer.

how in the world do you know that?? they've not been out long enough??

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 13:04 Quote
if they haven't been out long enough to know if they're reliable and people already know they aren't then that's saying something....

i've never ridden a boxxer that i really liked, fox forks always have felt better to me

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 23:03 Quote
craigdhboy wrote:
variiis wrote:
craigdhboy wrote:

part from he said that he wanted the teams??Madder
and you dont have to ride the fork to know that it has more adjustabilty Facepalm
actually you have to, adjust it and ride it. and then you come to conclusion which one is better

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 23:37 Quote
i would have to agree on the 40.

although rockshox have been making huge improvement its still a rockshox.

most shops can service fox forks and shocks. and its fairly easy.

the older boxxers had noticable flex. on expert/pro courses that were really rooty or rocky you could feel your wheel tracking another direction than your bars. the 40 has none whatsoever. as for the 2010 i have only ridden it a few runs. it is night and day better than the old boxxer and feels pretty compliant and reactive. we have heard a few bad reports about problems with the 2010. and i prefer the RC2 over the Mission control dampening.

fox is fox, they have always had their foot in the door and have ALWAYS been producing top notch suspension in bicycles, quads/moto's, dezert or 4x4 trucks, etc.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 at 23:38 Quote
2010 boxxer are good i got one

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010437
Mobile Version of Website