The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 3:47 Quote
Nothing to note so far, people might be skeptical as the system uses very small teeth. However there are 6 or so pawls with multiple teeth and these pawls wedge against the drive ring when engaged, similar to a sprag clutch - freewheeling retracts them towards the axle, pedaling pushes them all evenly into the drive ring. I would guess these can handle bigger loads than most pawl hubs.

They do use rather basic bearings however that's nothing to note, it keeps the initial cost down and then you can fit whatever you lie once they're worn. that being said I''m still on my first bearings since i got the wheels in 2016, being used to commute 4 miles a day every day!

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 at 9:10 Quote
rickayyyy wrote:
Bromaphobe wrote:
I'm on supadrive for my enduro and will be on my soon to be slope bike, great hub for the money.
I’ve read some good/bad things about the hub regarding durability. What’s it like?

I've had mine for three years on the bike I ride the most, not a single problem.

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 at 6:44 Quote
Ah okay sick! The price point is what attracted me so it’s cool to hear that they are good

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 20:07 Quote
Do you guys think I can convert my old Pfix into a dirt jumper? thanks

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 6:50 Quote
reedpgh wrote:
not really Cry

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2018 at 17:45 Quote
reedpgh wrote:
It's not worth it man, no matter what parts you put on it the frame will still feel really shitty on jumps. The standover is just too high.

Your best bet is to just buy a used dirt jumper.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 16:11 Quote
Anyone know of a jump bike that comes with gusset parts as standard? Trying to id a frame i have and it came with matching red gusset bars, gusset seat clamp and gusset headset cap. No markings on the frame though and its getting really annoying!! The frame itself is a translucent/candy red and it has a large gusset where the downtube meets the headtube. Any help would be awesome!!

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 11:50 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
Anyone know of a jump bike that comes with gusset parts as standard? Trying to id a frame i have and it came with matching red gusset bars, gusset seat clamp and gusset headset cap. No markings on the frame though and its getting really annoying!! The frame itself is a translucent/candy red and it has a large gusset where the downtube meets the headtube. Any help would be awesome!!
photo?

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 7:32 Quote
photo
alejorider14 wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
photo?

Posted: Jul 8, 2018 at 7:33 Quote
photo
photo
dtayl12 wrote:
photo
alejorider14 wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
photo?

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 0:46 Quote
Looks like it’s been sprayed, also looks pre 2013

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 2:50 Quote
The paint is pretty scratched but looks like a good job. Like a really deep candy/translucent red. Would have been a decent spray job if so, deffo didnt come out a rattle can! Lol

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 7:36 Quote
Used a fox 32 SC fork I got off ebay on my dirt jumper yesterday, it didn't explode.... yet. Ticket S weighing in at 23.09 lbs with it.

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 16:56 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
Used a fox 32 SC fork I got off ebay on my dirt jumper yesterday, it didn't explode.... yet. Ticket S weighing in at 23.09 lbs with it.

Nice and light. I honestly liked my Pslope with a 32 831. Buuut it is the fork off my DJ bike.

Posted: Jul 13, 2018 at 20:17 Quote
dtayl12 wrote:
photo
alejorider14 wrote:
dtayl12 wrote:
photo?

Almost looks like a DMR or maybe an older Specialized?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.073112
Mobile Version of Website