The 26" Dirt & Park Thread

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The 26" Dirt & Park Thread
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 13:23 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
liamd-24 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Really nice build. Wish I could get my mitts on a set of those bars

I managed to swap them for a seat I got given I was after the 106 but ended up with the 89s
Otherwise they're silly money from pride street

You’re Lucky dude. I’m looking for either ns district high rise bars (which are now impossible to find) or a pair of pride streets. I love the look of those types of bars. It’s a shame that they’re essentially dying out (sale wise at least)

Copper ones available here....

https://26bikes.com/shop/parts/handlebars-reductions/mtb/prod/nsbikes-district-18

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
What do we think of the cannondale Dave?

Mod
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
can i post my 24 inch dirt jumper

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:34 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Looks pretty sick man

Mod
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
liamd-24 wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Looks pretty sick man

i like how calm it is

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 11:52 Quote
mior wrote:
liamd-24 wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Looks pretty sick man

i like how calm it is

It will be a good option for tall riders.

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:50 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Just a La Bomba but cooler

Posted: Jul 18, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Help! Anyone have/know anyone with one of these, doesn't matter where it is. Let me know
photo

Posted: Jul 21, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
Any good deals on NS cap frames?
26"

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 5:05 Quote
Debating whether I want an octane one Zircus or a ns capital frame, really it’s coming down to part availability. Had the Zircus before and had the solar pro wheel set, whereas the ns capital has bmx spacing…any wheelset recommendations for the capital? Also, pike DJ…worth the money over circus experts?

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 7:14 Quote
You can just use a bmx hub and 26” rims or are they 24” only?

The pike dj is a real nice fork if you ride dj often I think it would be worth it.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 7:49 Quote
Pike over Circus Expert for sure if your frame can handle a tapered steerer.

Circus Pro vs Pike is a bit more evenly matched. The Pike is lighter, travel feels better (extremely subjective, but IMO smoother through the range of adjusments), and probably easier to find parts for. Potential for CSU issues if you're buying used, depending on year. The Circus Pro has a beefier chassis and Manitou encourages you to ride it locked out if you want, which is pretty unique (if that's your preferred setup).

Other minor details that bear consideration: If you're going to run a front brake through the steerer, the Circus has pretty ideal cable routing. Otherwise kinda clunky. Pike footjams easier, partially because of the forward arch but also because the Circus has a 27.5" lower. Bits on the bottom of the Circus (air valve and rebound) hang lower so smith stalls are super risky.

I own both as well as a Bomber DJ. The Pike is on by default, but if I was going out of town on a filming trip with some hucks in mind, I'd put the Circus Pro back on. The Bomber's damper is kinda ass unless you like either locked out or suuuuuuuper squishy, so it only saw about a week of use before getting hung up.

Posted: Sep 26, 2021 at 8:05 Quote
crs-one wrote:
snip

Appreciate the advice man, for the price comparison, I can probably get pike DJ’s not much more than the circus pros…Looks like that’s a decision made!

Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 8:07 Quote
I’ve been really loving my Bomber DJ. Totally get what you’re saying about the damper though, which isn’t a problem for me personally because I ride a lot of dirt and like the plush. I run it at maximum PSI with a few volume spacers thrown in and weigh 170 pounds. It feels a bit more lively/active than the Pike DJ to me if that makes any sense. No issues with diving or bottom out for me. The 180mm post mounts are kinda dumb though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052210
Mobile Version of Website