any good riding spots in kingston?

PB Forum :: Canada - East
any good riding spots in kingston?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 10:07 Quote
i go to kingston, ontario every summer and i was wondering if there is any good trails?

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
not really, there are a few decent things and some dj's in the colins creek trail network, but other then that not a whole lot, the university is decent for street spots though, and the skatepark is pretty brutal.

Posted: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:40 Quote
me and my friend went there for my little brothers baseball tourni and it was convinetly at the bmx pumptrack 4x what ever you want to call it track there are jumps around there just forget the directions lol ill try and remeber

Posted: Nov 14, 2007 at 15:26 Quote
ok thx i seem to remember some djs in the strathcona park area

Posted: Nov 15, 2007 at 19:37 Quote
Not much here, it's best if you're a street rider or trials rider. The Queen's campus is definitely where I ride most of the time.

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 14:52 Quote
I just got back from my cottage which is about 45mins out of Kingston on the 15. My drop has a brand new landing which is much bigger and is almost done, I rebuilt my step up step down after a tree fell on it over the winter, now i need to rebuild the jump on to it and the landing. The big new is on the dirt jump side of things. I have built to new lines, one is dj into a step up, into a drop into a dirt spine, into a 10 by 10 bowl which at the moment has 3 foot high sides, the spine is about 4 and a half feet tall. You can also do this line backwards with a drop into the bowl over the spine onto a 4 by 8 wall that you can stall on. The other line is hitting the same dj as the first line but then going to the set of 2 other djs that I want to big pretty big, big enough so that I can learn NFC's on. One is going to have to be slightly hipped and one that well be maybe 5 feet tall. I haven't ridden Djs much so any help would be appreaceated. Also if anyone wants to ride my trails you are welcome to as long as you help build. Thanks for any feedback.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
northshoredreamer wrote:
I just got back from my cottage which is about 45mins out of Kingston on the 15. My drop has a brand new landing which is much bigger and is almost done, I rebuilt my step up step down after a tree fell on it over the winter, now i need to rebuild the jump on to it and the landing. The big new is on the dirt jump side of things. I have built to new lines, one is dj into a step up, into a drop into a dirt spine, into a 10 by 10 bowl which at the moment has 3 foot high sides, the spine is about 4 and a half feet tall. You can also do this line backwards with a drop into the bowl over the spine onto a 4 by 8 wall that you can stall on. The other line is hitting the same dj as the first line but then going to the set of 2 other djs that I want to big pretty big, big enough so that I can learn NFC's on. One is going to have to be slightly hipped and one that well be maybe 5 feet tall. I haven't ridden Djs much so any help would be appreaceated. Also if anyone wants to ride my trails you are welcome to as long as you help build. Thanks for any feedback.

is it in verona?

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
Heres a little update on my trails
photo

photo

More in my album

Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
Needs 5-6ft high lip dirt jumps, other than that it isn't bad.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 3:15 Quote
Ya, the only problem is the dirt is super rocky so its a bitch to dig in. This is what I have accomplished in two weekends of digging by my self, but the plan is to make the dirt jumps around 4- 4 and half feet tall since I haven't really hit actual dirt jumps before. The bowl is also going to have about 4 foot walls all around, and everything will be smoothed out nice. If anyone wants to help dig or has suggestions let me know.

Posted: Aug 7, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
hey i just moved from kingston 4 months ago i know that before winter ther was a pretty decent dj in the middle of no were. if any of u no were the new centenial bridge is if u go down the gravel road and thers like a buch of crap there old jumps but if u keep continuing theres a little trail that goes into the woods and theres one jump thats sikk theres a big gap

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 7:38 Quote
westbankrider wrote:
ok thx i seem to remember some djs in the strathcona park area
lol.. me and my buddies built those..
chech out http://nitroinjectedbikers.webs.com
shoot us a line on the forums, we can show u all the places we built, and if u like strathcona u should see the new one we're workin on. :B

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
Check out rydlyfe.com if you want a more local forum to visit in addition to pinkbike.

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 at 10:47 Quote
r they in strathcona? cause i remeber seeing some in like a little forest

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014806
Mobile Version of Website