What do pro's get paid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What do pro's get paid?
O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
jv86416 wrote:
darren berrecloth won $150,000 when he won Quashqai like two years ago.

and every year before that and after that????? Darren is a working man with a full time job

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
but top 10 riders in the world cup circuit make a real nice living for themselves

but obviously its hard work to be a top 10 rider, you can get the results you'll get the paycheck, getting a energy drink sponsor like monster/redbull/rockstar can net around 20-30k a year for just running one of their helmets

the top racing guys are making money, but for every 10 top riders, there are 100 guys making next to nothing, and having to work for a living

climbing up that ladder to become a top 10 rider is very tough, and many riders end up dropping out due to the pressures of trying to make a living

energy drink sponsors only pay the top guys, most of the guys I know in BMX and MTB who "ride" for Rockstar or Monster get free drinks and some expenses, but no money...
thats very true. but if your the best of the best, redbull puts you on their training schedule. Its not just a helmet.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
nathanbalsdon wrote:
bikingnut wrote:
im just throwing this out there, but they get most of there stuff free clothes, etc drinks, so all they really would have to pay for is stuff like bills

assuming all you eat is redbull and monster and all you wear is bike company clothing.

If you have bills, it would imply that you actually have somewhere to live. Or some mode of transportation other than your bicycle. And that's assuming you never, ever, want to travel anywhere ever again.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 4:42 Quote
I filmed Justin Leov (4th) and Stevie Smith (7th) after the race at the Maribor World Cup opening their pay checks, you'll be suprised how much/little is in there :-)

(Vid up on dirt soon)

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 5:28 Quote
strange how a football player is worth like £50mill in some cases and will be making millions each year
whereas a real sport like dh makes nothing like that and only the top riders make anything at all
and footballs just gay as f*ck

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 7:20 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
strange how a football player is worth like £50mill in some cases and will be making millions each year
whereas a real sport like dh makes nothing like that and only the top riders make anything at all

I don't know why this concept is so difficult to understand. One brings in tens of millions of fans on every possible type of media, and the other has a tiny tiny fraction of fans. It actually makes perfect economic sense. The money has to come from somewhere, doesn't it?

In fact, it is us, the public consumers, that dictate this trend. I don't know how many times I've read in this forum "Cam McCaul wears that jersey - I WANT ONE!" - that's why only the top riders in this sport get anything in this sport - because they are worth something to their sponsors. We as consumers, don't actually CARE about anyone who isn't one of the top.

This is actually the case with pretty much ANY individual sport (individual meaning not a "team" sport). Golf, Tennis, Skiing, Running etc.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
smike wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:

I don't know why this concept is so difficult to understand. One brings in tens of millions of fans on every possible type of media, and the other has a tiny tiny fraction of fans. It actually makes perfect economic sense. The money has to come from somewhere, doesn't it?

In fact, it is us, the public consumers, that dictate this trend. I don't know how many times I've read in this forum "Cam McCaul wears that jersey - I WANT ONE!" - that's why only the top riders in this sport get anything in this sport - because they are worth something to their sponsors. We as consumers, don't actually CARE about anyone who isn't one of the top.

This is actually the case with pretty much ANY individual sport (individual meaning not a "team" sport). Golf, Tennis, Skiing, Running etc.

yh, but footballs gay

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
if you look at biking from an outsider biking is pretty gay too.. ever been to a world cup party? cockfest!

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
stryke wrote:
if you look at biking from an outsider biking is pretty gay too.. ever been to a world cup party? cockfest!
no short shorts though lol
soon as the skin tight shit went its cool

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 9:05 Quote
and everyone thinks biking is easy as shit and doesnt take skill so they dont care bout it. my friends think this bout me till i take them with me lol

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 9:12 Quote
same here. i aggree
stealheader wrote:
and everyone thinks biking is easy as shit and doesnt take skill so they dont care bout it. my friends think this bout me till i take them with me lol

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
nathanbalsdon wrote:
jv86416 wrote:
darren berrecloth won $150,000 when he won Quashqai like two years ago.

and every year before that and after that????? Darren is a working man with a full time job

actually his full time job is biking. i know that for a fact. he gets a salary from his like ten different sponsors

Posted: Jun 25, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
They must earn quite alot. Have you seen Gracia's crib?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016297
Mobile Version of Website