Saving dirt jumps from the city ...........STOP BULLDOZING OUR DIRT JUMPS

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Saving dirt jumps from the city ...........STOP BULLDOZING OUR DIRT JUMPS
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
the a channel news came to our dirt jumps and did a segment a week later the city bulldozed them down. the closest dirt jumps from me are a half our drive. i want the city's to stop that shit. i want to know wats your opinion on the city and dirt jumps i sure want the free will to build and not get them toren down.
the is the news segment on our dirt jumps watch it

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/83294/#top

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
Hey at my local dirt jumps the city threatened to tare them down and put houses there, also the lips on the jumps are shit and there are prickle bushes growing on the sides of the jump, i hate this shit too

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
that sux that that happened but you should be hiding your jumps not building them in an area where everyone knows where they are.

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
aww f*ck off, I was gonna come down eventually.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
Look, to be straight honest with you, riding in a city will almost always be limited to street and private property, if you're planning on setting up some DJ's, theyll have to be on land you have WRITTEN PERMISSION to ride/build on, or your own private land. As for doing that illegally (public parks, farmers fields, ect.) Theres no guarentee that they will stay up, and if you get charged you can be charged with destruction of property and trespassing. IMO, best thing to do its either have your own land, or make a PRIVATE set of jumps, aka keeping it to 2-3 people you can trust to not tell groms, or for that matter, anyone.

For the guy complaining about his jumps' condition, and the bushes. Get a weedwacker and a shovel, put some work into it. Its a two way street. You ride, You Repair.

Posted: Jun 22, 2009 at 16:05 Quote
Simple fact is, until the regulars there are insured, the city isn't going to allow the jumps to exist, it's a liability issue.

What we did to combat this was form a club of all regulars called the "SARS" (Saint Annes Regular'S) and when you join you gain ownership to IC (Irish cycling) meaning all club riders are insured. Once all regular riders are insured the local authority agreed to the jumps, rule was we funded sign posts saying jumps are illegal to use unless a members of SARS (just so non-club-members couldn't claim if they had an accident), after that the local park authority allowed the jumps to exist and have even helped us with a dirt supply, we have a Jam coming up with there permission, priority rule? All registered riders are insured.

Basically short story short, it's all about insurance.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 9:26 Quote
yea u guys really didnt build them in a good spot right in someones back yard

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
paintbike wrote:
the a channel news came to our dirt jumps and did a segment a week later the city bulldozed them down. the closest dirt jumps from me are a half our drive. i want the city's to stop that shit. i want to know wats your opinion on the city and dirt jumps i sure want the free will to build and not get them toren down.
the is the news segment on our dirt jumps watch it

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/83294/#top

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009370
Mobile Version of Website