Rock Shox Argyle 318 or Manitou Gold Label Series 2

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rock Shox Argyle 318 or Manitou Gold Label Series 2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 12:24 Quote
RockShox Argyle 318 Fork

Strength, function and style. Argyle provides everything a dirt jumper needs.

Travel: 100mm
Weight: 2572g (5.67 lbs)
Spring: Coil, Spring Adjust: Preload
Damping: Motion Control, Damping Adjust: External rebound, compression and lock
Lowers: Magnesium, 20mm dropout only
Crown: Forged 6061 T-6 aluminium
Steerer Tube: Steel
Upper Tubes: 32mm 4130 tapered wall steel

photo

Manitou Gold label Jump Series 2 20mm 2007

Ready for street and jumping this fork comes with lightweight aluminium stanchions in black finish, 100 mm (4 inches) of coil travel, a large 20 mm through axle and the damping is rebound adjustable: disc brake only

Features:
• Coil springs ensure reliable and rugged suspension
• Fluid Flow Damping FFD is a hydraulic damping system with compression and rebound damping pistons: the low-pressure high-volume system minimises cavitation and heat-related problems, ensuring low-maintenance reliability
• Large diameter 32 mm aluminium upper legs are light and stiff, and black anodised for low friction operation
• Evil Genius seals keep the muck out to prolong the service life of the fork, as well as decreasing stiction and retaining the semi-open bath lubricants inside the legs
• Magnesium casting for lower legs uses a reverse arch brace to provide the greatest stiffness at the lowest weight, giving improved steering accuracy
• Post-type mounting system provides the quickest means to mount and adjust disc brakes, and accepts rotors up to 210 mm in diameter
• For disc brake use only, without standard V-brake bosses, giving clean lines and low weight: 4.6 lbs (2085 g)

photo

GOLD LABEL JUMP SERIES 2 08

Features:
• Category: High End 32mm Street and Dirt Jumping
• Origin: USA
• Travel: 80, 100
• Wt. Lbs: 4.6
• Wt. Grams: 2086.1
• Spring: X-Firm Coil Spring
• Spring: Rates XF
• Steerer: 1 1/8th High-strength steel
• Damping: FFD with rebound adjust
• Adjustments: Rebound
• Knobs: Alloy
• Leg Diameter: 32mm
• Leg Material: Alloy
• Leg Finish: Gold Ano
• Casting: Mag
• Axle: 20mm Patented Thru-Axle
• Crown: Alloy
• Crown Spec: Solid Satin Black
• Bushings: Al
• Lubrication: Semi-Bath
• Seals: Evil Genius
• Wheel Size: 26
• Disc Mounts: Post
• Disc Size: Size 210 Max
• No Boss Option Only
• Ride Height (mm) 460, 480
• Fork Offset (mm) 41.28
• Max Tyre Dia. (mm) 690
• Colour: Disco Gold

photo

wich forks?

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 12:27 Quote
I actually had the same question but I'm leaning towards the 2008 gold label 2.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 12:33 Quote
the 318 doesnt have a lock out or motion control those are the 409. the 318 have rebound and compression and thats all you need for a 4 inch travel fork

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 12:42 Quote
well i just sold my argyle 302 and im getting the 08 gold label becasue it was a pound lighter. Once i get it i can give u a better opinion

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:12 Quote
anyone else? which you think?

318s luk amazing but wich for dirt jumpin?

which would be most durable? or have the best quality/feel?

anyone?

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
well i got some 318s a 2weeks ago and they are amazing i have to say. good performance, stiff and light enough

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:19 Quote
go for the argyle 318. i had one it worked very nicely plus you see way more pros with the 318 then the Gold Label

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:22 Quote
0oxalexo0 wrote:
anyone else? which you think?

318s luk amazing but wich for dirt jumpin?

which would be most durable? or have the best quality/feel?

anyone?

Your right 318's do look AMAZING, and they also feel amazing, i have NEVER heard any complaints about the 318. As for which would be most durable, definetly the 318, there are countless stories of people comming down wrong on jumps and either cracking the gold labels or f*cking up their internals, i dont know about you but i plan on coming down hard at least ONCE with my forks and if i do i definetly dont want them to brake on me. And again as for the feel, it feels as if you are trying to compress a spring that is bent, it just doesnt feel right and is hard to do. I think ive made it pretty clear that the Argyle 318 is much better.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
does manitou have a website? can never find it.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:29 Quote
i have the gold labels and even though i love em, the argyle i think is better for dj. they feel pretty plush and u want a bit more of that for dj than street. the gold labels are a bit more street oriented (hence the name "street series") with their really stiff spring and lower crown hieght, and they are over a pound lighter. so if you ride a pig of a bike and wanna lose instead of gain weight, and are a bit more street than dj go for the ol' manitou's. but if street is not in your vocabulary then i woulnt look more than twice at them (cuz they r pretty sexy Razz )2 cents

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
ok i think im leaning towards 318s Smile

and fluffles "street series" ? i only see "jump series"

anyone else?

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:35 Quote
freeridelife wrote:
go for the argyle 318. i had one it worked very nicely plus you see way more pros with the 318 then the Gold Label

thats cuz almost no pros ride for manitou... because manitou dropped them.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:37 Quote
argyle 318's they are the best. it does have motion control too and lockout works if u turn it all the way right. its what its says in my argyle manual.

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
yoo, man defo the argyless, i mean u get more travel adjust with them , well not trravel, (motion control) you can harden them up if its mega dry or something, my friend has them and they are great.

although the gold labels are good, they dont have the same feel as the argyels.

Matt Smile

Posted: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
but if you do get argyles they are the ones to get, the 318's, other black ones dont have the adjustability and therefor soft allll the time.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012240
Mobile Version of Website