Coed Llandegla

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Coed Llandegla
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
I am going to coed llandegla in about 2 weeks to ride Downhill.
Can anyone tell me anything to go ride and which routes are the best?
Also whats it like?
Thanks

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:01 Quote
its not really DH. its more hardish XC trails.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:04 Quote
StevePrice wrote:
its not really DH. its more hardish XC trails.

its not even a hard XC loops, not worth taking a DH bike for, there are a few jump sections as well as a few new sections that are starting to open, the DH run at the end isnt open yet and i am unsure when it will be opened, they have been building it since the end of last year,

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:09 Quote
i seriously would not recommend a DH bike at llandegla, i ride there occasionally with my friends and the uphills kill me on a dirt jump bike, so a DH bike would be nearly impossible to get up to the top

llandeglahas some good trails, and if you do go i would reccomend the black or blue route as the black route is technical and the blue route hasn't got many uphills. I would not reccomend the red route as it is mostly uphill.

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
you will seriously regret taking a DH bike there mate. you're best off on an all mountain bike, the climbs will ruin your trip. its a sweet place though, definitely worth a trip if you're into the xcb

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
i didnt find the hills that bad

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
lewdelaney wrote:
i didnt find the hills that bad

nar they aint that bad, all can be done with a 36 ring on the remedy except maybe one, but thats only a short steeper one,

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Oh ok cheers for th advice.
I dont have an xc bike ive only got a dj and dh!!
The hills are goin to kill me then!!!

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:32 Quote
Is there northshore there?

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
Konarider444 wrote:
Is there northshore there?

very little, a few little board walkes over some boggy areas that is hard to ride at any speed because it is uphill in places and made out of round logs, and the other is a raised board walk but there is a downslope to this one which can be jumped/dropped but no proper northshore,

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
Konarider444 wrote:

You can shave about 15min off the (frankily boring) intial 1st climb through the woods if you take the fire road next to the start of the trail.
When you leave the car park the red and blue trails follow the same route through the woods which is give or take mainly climbing and is a twisty route, if you take the fire road its one long straight which isnt as steep as the red/blue trail but its a more constant climb (and i think a damn sight easier). You then join back up with the trail to start on the red route single track.

The only other climb of note is near the end of the black run and zig zags up the hill and is a bit of an energy sapper.
Make sure you do the black section called jj's jumps (you can do this in a loop over and over)
If you ride the northshore section (round logs strapped together not the boardwalk) make sure that if you bail you dont hit one of the many tree stumps trailside as a mate did and poped his shoulder out.

Posted: Jun 24, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
paul-d wrote:
Konarider444 wrote:

You can shave about 15min off the (frankily boring) intial 1st climb through the woods if you take the fire road next to the start of the trail.
When you leave the car park the red and blue trails follow the same route through the woods which is give or take mainly climbing and is a twisty route, if you take the fire road its one long straight which isnt as steep as the red/blue trail but its a more constant climb (and i think a damn sight easier). You then join back up with the trail to start on the red route single track.

its even quicker if you go up to the second car park and follow the fire road from there

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
i went there with the army not long back there was a bit of D/H and north shore stuff towards the end of the black route i think but it aint out mega like

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 at 1:31 Quote
i think you would probs be better off with your jump bike you will have a lot more fun there is some pretty fast flowing dh runs on there would go good on a hardtail i think (im assuming you got some pretty decent suspension, brakes and gears here)
i went out with tank aswell^ and i went round on my all mountain and someone had a giant glory and walked most of the trail so i wouldnt advise the dh at all it would ruin your day a little bit Razz

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010688
Mobile Version of Website