Cannot get my Truvativ Hussefelt cranks off my 2008 norco 125! (need answer fast!)

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Cannot get my Truvativ Hussefelt cranks off my 2008 norco 125! (need answer fast!)
Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:55 Quote
yes its just a plain crank, the crank bolt will not unscrew. im turning the right way, putting mass pressure onto it to turn it, nothing happens, its a rather old bike with hasnt had much TLC. could the bolts have rusted and jammed?

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
Joshwa93 wrote:
yes its just a plain crank, the crank bolt will not unscrew. im turning the right way, putting mass pressure onto it to turn it, nothing happens, its a rather old bike with hasnt had much TLC. could the bolts have rusted and jammed?
does anyone know where i can get the bolt for them mines stripped i have a idea on how to get it out but i need a new bolt

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
Joshwa93 wrote:

Firstly is it an octalink or isis splined BB, if so, if you have the one crank off squirt LOTS of WD-40 in to the one side. Leave it for a few minutes and then try loosening in (righty tighty, lefty loosey)

If its a sqaure taper...Good Luck!

A nice big 8mm headed allen key is ideal to give more leverage as well!

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
DowNhillFrEeRide854 wrote:
Joshwa93 wrote:
does anyone know where i can get the bolt for them mines stripped i have a idea on how to get it out but i need a new bolt

You've stripped the bolt! You can buy new bolts of CRC (chain reaction cycles) as lots of comapnies sell replacements (or bling upgrades aka anodized)

But it sounds odd you've stripped the bolt and not the BB

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:31 Quote
its just a standard stock bmx crank, i can get one side off, but this one the screw won't budge, ill try the WD40 thing, but im guessing ill have no luck haha,

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
zanginator wrote:
Joshwa93 wrote:

You've stripped the bolt! You can buy new bolts of CRC (chain reaction cycles) as lots of comapnies sell replacements (or bling upgrades aka anodized)

But it sounds odd you've stripped the bolt and not the BB
i was loosing the bolt

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:47 Quote
will this work im going to get the gold one if it works...match my hubs
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1201will that fit my truvative cranks?

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1201will that fit my truvative cranks?

If the cranks are square taper...yes. and as an added bonus as you undo them it removes the cranks with them (theoretically)

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
zanginator wrote:

If the cranks are square taper...yes. and as an added bonus as you undo them it removes the cranks with them (theoretically)
no there not square tapered there isis

Posted: Jun 27, 2009 at 6:58 Quote
zanginator wrote:

no there not square tapered there isis

Then you want these ones LINK the link you posted were for the Square taper ones!

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 at 18:06 Quote
BUUUDDDDYY ! What grade are you in ... its called Leveragee ! if only i knew how to spell it ! cumon .. take a big monkey rench and attach it to the top of the allen key then lefty lucyy ! After that you will need a crank tool though Razz

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2011 at 18:34 Quote
Great grave dig there boss

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 at 2:16 Quote
i have a question, i can get both my crank bolts off fine. the non drive side slides right off. the drive side on the other hand is locked into place. im thinking i need a crank extractor to remove it. am i right? i have husseflet cranks with a hozfeller XR BB.

Posted: Aug 1, 2011 at 2:21 Quote
thought so. thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015383
Mobile Version of Website