How to tell your rents that you dont need a front brake and that single speed is better!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How to tell your rents that you dont need a front brake and that single speed is better!
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
chrisrussell wrote:
hondarider241 wrote:
richardmcdonagh wrote:

Are you saying he went over the handlebars and did that or hit the car after trying to brake? That's why I prefer back brake, it's pretty easy to stop quickly, just got to turn at an angle.
or you could use both in moderation

The back brake doing the braking is absolute crap. Ur front brake does 70% of ur braking when u brake. If u work in a bike shop u would know that, Ever wondered why bikes come with 2 brakes? or why DH riders ride with 2. The answer is because it stops you way way faster

I quite obviously know that, but as I've said in countless debates before on brakes, if you're riding jumps where you either need Hyrdos or 2 brakes to stop suddenly, you're riding some very dodgy jumps. I'm not a retard, I know my shit, so don't try to make me look like a dumbass. I prefer the back brake, you don't need the front for Dirtjumping, simple fact, all it adds is extra weight and more maintenance / costs, simple fact.

Notice how this is the DJ and street forum? What the f*ck is the point of bringing downhill or other MTB disciplines into this.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 15:46 Quote
Am I the only person whos parents dont mind what i do to my bike??? I see so many forums like this. My mum thinks the money i spend is pretty mental but since i work she just says long as im not asking her for it she doesnt care.

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
Am I the only person whos parents dont mind what i do to my bike??? I see so many forums like this. My mum thinks the money i spend is pretty mental but since i work she just says long as im not asking her for it she doesnt care.
my parents dont really care ethier what i do to my bike!!

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 18:36 Quote
mcnally wrote:
yes but u still need to stop beleive it or not

I dunno I took my front brake off a while ago and I still stop perfectly fine[/Quote]

ur obviasly not hitting real rythems

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
richardmcdonagh wrote:
chrisrussell wrote:
hondarider241 wrote:
or you could use both in moderation

The back brake doing the braking is absolute crap. Ur front brake does 70% of ur braking when u brake. If u work in a bike shop u would know that, Ever wondered why bikes come with 2 brakes? or why DH riders ride with 2. The answer is because it stops you way way faster

I quite obviously know that, but as I've said in countless debates before on brakes, if you're riding jumps where you either need Hyrdos or 2 brakes to stop suddenly, you're riding some very dodgy jumps. I'm not a retard, I know my shit, so don't try to make me look like a dumbass. I prefer the back brake, you don't need the front for Dirtjumping, simple fact, all it adds is extra weight and more maintenance / costs, simple fact.

Notice how this is the DJ and street forum? What the f*ck is the point of bringing downhill or other MTB disciplines into this.

"I'm not a retard, I know my shit, so don't try to make me look like a dumbass."
hahaha its okay mate, ur doing it urself Wink . ur clearly not hitting real jumps

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 2:26 Quote
richardmcdonagh wrote:
Brakes, all you need them for is to stop you, a back brake is more than enough to stop you, the front is pretty much redundant unless you're using it for tricks.

Okay. Ignoring biking disaplines etc for a minute... Simple science tells your a front brake does more work. When your brake your wieght is transferred to the front. Why do you think people use bigger rotors on the front. Some street bikes... Dj bikes... Downhill bike... Even motorbike. generally use a bigger disc on the front. And as for "enough to stop you" I think that kind of depends on the brake too.

Edit: I certainly wouldnt trust a back brake set up by you to stop me

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 2:30 Quote
i cant do urban dh at all with a front break i always flip over the bars on stairsets, anyway tell ur pearnts the front break thing is just a faze i will probly get over it soon and put it back on in a little bit, please just let me do this

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
lighter stronger simpler less to maintain saves money $$$$$

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 4:04 Quote
MattJ92 does have a point, its simple science, you can see it through motorbikes. Why do you think most have TWO massive disks on the front and a smaller one on the back?

But IMO, street you dont really need a front brake, and DJ, well personally I feel safer with 2 brakes, but ive ridden one before and its not amazingly different because your usually not going at huge speeds.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 4:05 Quote
yeah, its cheaper than buying a new derailleur so that what i said i just went thats it i dont want to fork out 100 bucks for a new derailleur im getting a ss kit

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 6:28 Quote
BedgeburyBiker wrote:
MattJ92 does have a point, its simple science, you can see it through motorbikes. Why do you think most have TWO massive disks on the front and a smaller one on the back?

But IMO, street you dont really need a front brake, and DJ, well personally I feel safer with 2 brakes, but ive ridden one before and its not amazingly different because your usually not going at huge speeds.

Cheers dude. No i run just a back brake for Dj. But it is a fact one front brake would stop you better than one back brake all other peramiters the same. But matey was saying front brakes are all pointless.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 7:03 Quote
MattJ92 wrote:
BedgeburyBiker wrote:

Cheers dude. No i run just a back brake for Dj. But it is a fact one front brake would stop you better than one back brake all other peramiters the same. But matey was saying front brakes are all pointless.

Yeah course a front would stop you better =)

but all front brakes useless? hmm i think he needs to re-think that one lol.

Anyway, topic i guess.

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 10:15 Quote
BedgeburyBiker wrote:

\

ya I know I used to race motocross and during a race or what ever I never used the front brake once! Razz I never had to use it or any brake really lol pin it to win it Wink

Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 10:17 Quote
oh ya and chris russell or whatever is this your idea of "real rythems" ??? https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3393293/ lol I could see you needing it for the other shit on your profile like your track but not for what this thread is about

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 at 1:23 Quote
I convinced my rents but showing them sections from MTB flims and pausing it on the bikes and pointing out the bikes and stuff.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020416
Mobile Version of Website