Reviews and thoughts about the Transition Blindside and the Transition Bottlerocket

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Reviews and thoughts about the Transition Blindside and the Transition Bottlerocket
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
Thinking about buying one of the two and thought that I should make this thread on reviews and thoughts on the two bikes.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
I've had a Bottlerocket for about two years and It's been pretty rad. Just take into account what your riding it on. I used mine in the Alps for free riding and bike parks. It's awesome in the parks on the big jumps and man made stuff and on really flowy smooth trails. I've found that it's not the greatest where it's really rocky and rough though. Due to the short travel, the rear end needs to be run a little stiffer so you don't bottom it out on everything. This makes it get kind of squirly when you get going really fast over the rocks. It pedals and handles really well though and on slower more tech trails it would probably be alot better than the Blindside (more of a DH bike). The two bikes are way different from each other though so it's kind of hard to compare them. Jumps and flow=Bottlerocket. Speed and hucks= Blindside. A good compromise between the two might be the DirtBag. Hope this helps.

Posted: Jun 29, 2009 at 16:46 Quote
canook wrote:
I've had a Bottlerocket for about two years and It's been pretty rad. Just take into account what your riding it on. I used mine in the Alps for free riding and bike parks. It's awesome in the parks on the big jumps and man made stuff and on really flowy smooth trails. I've found that it's not the greatest where it's really rocky and rough though. Due to the short travel, the rear end needs to be run a little stiffer so you don't bottom it out on everything. This makes it get kind of squirly when you get going really fast over the rocks. It pedals and handles really well though and on slower more tech trails it would probably be alot better than the Blindside (more of a DH bike). The two bikes are way different from each other though so it's kind of hard to compare them. Jumps and flow=Bottlerocket. Speed and hucks= Blindside. A good compromise between the two might be the DirtBag. Hope this helps.

I usually am riding freeride stuff with jumps and berms and things like that. Once in a while I will do the DH Course just for fun but I don't do DH all the time. The trails I ride are not rocky or anything, thanks a bunch.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009214
Mobile Version of Website