Kink relief stem V2 Vs. odyssey elementary V3

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Kink relief stem V2 Vs. odyssey elementary V3
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
f*ck all of you get the kink i have had no problems with it i hear it can f*ck with ya steer tube but nah dont worrie about it iv heard of people flippn with the kink relief and they have 0 problems with it

Posted: Jul 1, 2009 at 18:58 Quote
evanhay wrote:
flowbear wrote:
my friend has an elementary and for the last few rides it has slipped everytime, and you cant simpliy adjust them if your bars slip and you have no top cap.

having a top cap has nothing to do with it. you tighten everything with one bolt on the side obviously. he clearly didnt have it tight enough if it is slipping. aaron ross has one and i doubt he would if it slipped all the time and he is insane at riding.

yes, having a top cap does have something to do with it, say you need to adjust your bars, if you loosen it, it loosens the whole thing, so if u dont have a top cap on(like myself) it will loosen the whole headset/fork(so ya it does matter) and aaron ross is sponsored by odyssey idiot, of course he rides one! he has to! WTF

Posted: Apr 8, 2010 at 16:57 Quote
Kink relief stem V2 = crap

Posted: Apr 10, 2010 at 22:39 Quote
if your really picky about you bar angles then get the kink but otherwise the v3 is lighter. or you could get the best of both wourlds and get a primo aneyerlater

Posted: Apr 11, 2010 at 8:23 Quote
keiran wrote:
f*ck all of you get the kink i have had no problems with it i hear it can f*ck with ya steer tube but nah dont worrie about it iv heard of people flippn with the kink relief and they have 0 problems with it
what?

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 15:51 Quote
the kink relief only ovalizes the steerer tube if the star nut or the weld for the topcap is lower than where the stem sits

Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 23:59 Quote
nicobmx2o9 wrote:
if your really picky about you bar angles then get the kink but otherwise the v3 is lighter. or you could get the best of both wourlds and get a primo aneyerlater

+1 On the primo stem. It's only a few grams (like Cool heavier, and is a conventional 6 bolt stem. Grease up the bolts, put it on, ride your bike. The front load bolts are hollow to boot. SWEET stem man.

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 at 11:21 Quote
S&M Race XTL 49mm

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
elementry v3 for sure man i have one, and sure its a pain to set up. But i LOVE mine. its light clean and looks sweet and just so low profile.just have patience setting it up, and don't be scared to tighten it alot.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016691
Mobile Version of Website