Unknown specialized road bike frame - help

PB Forum :: 29ers
Unknown specialized road bike frame - help
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2009 at 22:09 Quote
geramaia wrote:
Jwmbike14 wrote:

Thank you. I will take your advice. I'm in the process of getting a used bike today. When I pick it up, i'll post a pic on the thread "post ur fixie". Im gonna sell this frame then Frown
Bummer cuz I love the look of this frame.

good luck!

but i'd suggest keeping this frame, and building a real road bike. but i hope you got it as a module, cause its a pretty specific fork for that frame.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:33 Quote
Do not pass go. That would be a waste of an awesome frame. Take that, build it up with some 7900 like you should, and be done with it. If you want a fixed gear, spend 400. Don't be silly.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 16:47 Quote
StandUp wrote:
Do not pass go. That would be a waste of an awesome frame. Take that, build it up with some 7900 like you should, and be done with it. If you want a fixed gear, spend 400. Don't be silly.

lol dude. i agree. fixy ppl are trend whores and f*cking stupid.

riding clapped out frames not ment for fixed geared forces.....

i dont see why fixy's are soo cool but real road bikes for real men eqquipped with real gears are lame? lmao.

RED, all the way.

im going to TRY and to an SL3 this year in RED. but i may not have the $$$ so ill do a tarmac SL2 with RED EA90 cranks and EA 90 wheels. yeesssss

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 at 19:49 Quote
do a shimano crank. like you should.

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
StandUp wrote:
do a shimano crank. like you should.

true, i love shimano cranks and run em on everything. however Easton has a killer program for shop employees.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
i betcha it needs shimano chain rings, no matter what.it's dope though.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 16:56 Quote
geramaia wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
You can easily build a fixie out of this bike with a chain tensioner. There's a derailleur hanger to mount it.

Ok, i'll ask my LBS if they carry a chain tensioner. But I heard using a chain tensioner to build a fixed gear is a no no.

um.... let me break it to you this way... there is no possible way to use a chain tensioner to make a fixie. and why would you take a old roubaix frame with vertical drops and even make a hipster mobile. you can make a SINGLE SPEED no prob with a chain tensioner. but not a fixed gear. no way. because it has nothing to do with how tight or loose the chain is, its all in the hub. for a fixed gear you need a fixed hub. thats how its "fixed".

but its most def a roubaix, and fixies are super gay. dont make one. single speeds arent that bad, but fixies are super gay. especially on a frame not made for them.

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
schmidty wrote:
geramaia wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
You can easily build a fixie out of this bike with a chain tensioner. There's a derailleur hanger to mount it.

Ok, i'll ask my LBS if they carry a chain tensioner. But I heard using a chain tensioner to build a fixed gear is a no no.

um.... let me break it to you this way... there is no possible way to use a chain tensioner to make a fixie. and why would you take a old roubaix frame with vertical drops and even make a hipster mobile. you can make a SINGLE SPEED no prob with a chain tensioner. but not a fixed gear. no way. because it has nothing to do with how tight or loose the chain is, its all in the hub. for a fixed gear you need a fixed hub. thats how its "fixed".

but its most def a roubaix, and fixies are super gay. dont make one. single speeds arent that bad, but fixies are super gay. especially on a frame not made for them.

we already covered this. read up a little. an although i agree with you that fixies are gay and you definitely shouldn't make one, specially considering its a roubaix pro frame. buuuut on another note you CAN make it a fixie, not with a chain tensioner but a Whiteindustries ENO fixie hub.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.031545
Mobile Version of Website