2010 Wilsons

PB Forum :: Devinci
2010 Wilsons
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 2:46 Quote
Any heard any news or seen any pictures of the 2010 Wilson?

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 2:55 Quote
I saw someone say on this forum that it has the DW link but I doubt it.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 3:06 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:

Yeah, why would they change from horst to dw? Doesnt make sense to me. I reckon the only changes on the Wilson will be color.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
It'll only be the third year for the frame, but then again some change yearly. Kinda 50/50 on a new "if true" DW link Wilson, should be quite good (always liked the feel of Sundays), but it sucks that I'll have to find the cash to buy it Frown

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 8:14 Quote
slipknot93dh wrote:

the f*ck chuck? if they woulda aquired that patent, something must have been announced already...... no way the could or have kept that under da covers

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 8:16 Quote
DW kept Turner quiet for a long, long time. Devinci could have licensed it like Pivot or Ibis or the trademark doesn't extend to canada like FSR. That's not to say they will have it, after all it was said Norco would have it this year.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 9:56 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:

the f*ck chuck? if they woulda aquired that patent, something must have been announced already...... no way the could or have kept that under da covers

Just a rumour I saw, probably some goon trying to stir something up. The Wilson will be the same just different paint.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
would be nice if a fine-as company such as devinci would brew something better than a hoist-link

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 9:59 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
would be nice if a fine-as company such as devinci would brew something better than a hoist-link

It would be sweet, be even sweeter because their not that big but chuck some of the best frames in mountain biking.

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:

I dont see anything wrong with the Horst Link. I think its one of the best suspension design.

Please tell me what benefits the DW-Link will have over a Horst link?

Posted: Jul 3, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
probably a rumor if anything. Devinci is pretty Canadian only. everything else with a DW link is generally available around the world/major biking countries. don't think i've seen one person from the UK with a Wilson yet. doesn't make sense for DW to give the link to a smaller company.

i think everyone can agree that DW is just a bit better then Horst, even though Horst is great. Devinci would also have to come up with a brand new frame all over again for DW. no real way of "implementing" it into the current version. would be hard to beat it as well seeing as Wilson frames are spot on as it is.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
Since we are on the topic of 2010 Wilsons, has anyone noticed that the rear end of the 2009 Wilson is too tight, insert joke here...

When I purchased the frame I took the shock out to see how smooth the rear triangle moved, doesn't move. The rear end won't move unless you help it out, took it all apart and it is not as smooth as previous bikes I have owned. Thoughts?

Maybe there will be some improvements for 2010, like real bearings that run smooth.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
dont quote me on this, but i heard it's something vaguely similar to dw, not exactly the same though.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 11:13 Quote
cneums wrote:
dont quote me on this, but i heard it's something vaguely similar to dw, not exactly the same though.

Apparently, the guy who said it had been told by a Devinci rep, but I ain't holding out much hope. Everyone said last year that Norco definitely had it, but they didn't...

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 20:07 Quote
pittybomb wrote:
Since we are on the topic of 2010 Wilsons, has anyone noticed that the rear end of the 2009 Wilson is too tight, insert joke here...

When I purchased the frame I took the shock out to see how smooth the rear triangle moved, doesn't move. The rear end won't move unless you help it out, took it all apart and it is not as smooth as previous bikes I have owned. Thoughts?

Maybe there will be some improvements for 2010, like real bearings that run smooth.

never tried. are you sure your bearings weren't just over tightened? they are just normal bearings, not some super special Devinci magical brand.

the only improvement i could see with the 2010 wilsons would be a slightely modified top shock mount to let you run your cables and hoses in the interior of the welded plates and possibly a swingarm modification to better let you reach the knobs on the shock since its a maze as it is.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026831
Mobile Version of Website