Giant vs. Giant

PB Forum :: Downhill
Giant vs. Giant
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
HEy there I just bought a dj and have realized it is horrible for any mountain riding. So i am looking at getting either a Giant Faith or a Giant Glory.
What are your thought about the two?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
Free ride? How hard-core? I would suggest the faith, I own a glory and its is a race proven bike, so it is for downhill specific, the faith has 8 inch rear travel which is enough for dh and 66, which again is almost enough, if I were you get the faith.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:37 Quote
I would be riding lots of dh a very small amount of commuting,and a decnt amount of drops and jumps. Is one better than the other for jumping?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
Well I havent properly ridden the faith, but the Glory is very smooth and stable in the air, it is quite heavy and I have to commute quite far to my trails and is bad for commuting, but Glory is a sick bike, but the faith will be enough I think, and if you dont think you have enough front travel buy some boxxers, 8 inch on the back is plenty, seriously you dont want too much travel, just means more sag and pedal bob.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:40 Quote
Glory over Faith anyday...You can build a Glory up into a very nice FR/DH bike...Whereas the faith are renound for being damn heavy !

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:
Glory over Faith anyday...You can build a Glory up into a very nice FR/DH bike...Whereas the faith are renound for being damn heavy !

Wow wow hang on a second... do you mean the other way around?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
spliffonator1 wrote:
Giant-Rider-Sam wrote:

Wow wow hang on a second... do you mean the other way around?

Nope...Faith's are heavier than glory's. (well the older ones are...ive seen pictures of the new ones but dont know if theyre out yet...so havnt heard any reviews yet) but the old faiths are bloody heavy !

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
Really? Wow, I didnt know that, well

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bikemagic.com/news/images/giant06_faith1_hi.jpg
This faith seemed lighter than my glory, perhaps I was mistaken.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
i have a faith and i dont find it really heavy..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.041717
Mobile Version of Website