Proper Way to Tru a Wheel

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Proper Way to Tru a Wheel
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
Im wondering how to properly tru wheel, because i tryed and it is still just as bent?
any help

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
i like to do it by undoing alll the spokes and the quater turn them all and that should strating it up if not lbs Razz

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:45 Quote
well my lbs will charge mne 20$ and id rather just learn to do it myself..hahaha

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
omg thats loads diy it

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:48 Quote
Google it....takes a lot of time and patience.....and a spoke wrench...because using anything else will take forever

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:52 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
Google it....takes a lot of time and patience.....and a spoke wrench...because using anything else will take forever
yea i just googled it and found out how.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:53 Quote
bmx-62 wrote:
well my lbs will charge mne 20$ and id rather just learn to do it myself..hahaha

mines 40, do you need to buy new spokes? because they said its the only way to get a good job done

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:54 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
bmx-62 wrote:

mines 40, do you need to buy new spokes? because they said its the only way to get a good job done
Wow your lbs loves to rip people off then...If they ever told me that I'd leave and not come back.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 17:58 Quote
StevoFS wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
bmx-62 wrote:

Wow your lbs loves to rip people off then...If they ever told me that I'd leave and not come back.
i get mines done for 5 if i take it to the lbs

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:00 Quote
kingc88 wrote:
StevoFS wrote:
Cavaties wrote:

but do you need to buy new spokes if your lacing a rim?

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:01 Quote
Cavaties wrote:
kingc88 wrote:
StevoFS wrote:

im not lacing a rim. im just unbending it.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:02 Quote
bmx-62 wrote:
Cavaties wrote:
kingc88 wrote:

just all you want to know is how to strating you wheel try my 1st post

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
kingc88 wrote:
bmx-62 wrote:
Cavaties wrote:

just all you want to know is how to strating you wheel try my 1st post

yeh but to straighten a wheel you gotta unlace it then re lace it, and my lbs said you need new spokes or its a shit job

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
I think my lbs charges 2 dollars a spoke and then 50 for labor when it comes to making wheels, which is ridiculous. what i did my first time was spin your wheel, hold the edge of your spoke wrench near the rim, so it touches when the bent part passes if you know what i mean. make it so it eventually stops at that point, then start by tightening the opposite side spokes or loosening the same side spokes. That's not a good explanation and maybe not the right way, but it worked for me (not perfectly but way better than how it was), and i'm new to it.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
2 BUCKS A SPOKE?!?!?! ARE YOU CRAZY? ARE THEY REG OR TI???

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010760
Mobile Version of Website