HELP ME OUT? sell my 2009 BMX and buy a 2010? OR KEEP MY 2009?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
HELP ME OUT? sell my 2009 BMX and buy a 2010? OR KEEP MY 2009?
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:23 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
I'm not going to argue. It "might" be marginally better. Might be a couple grams lighter. Not that it will actually make a difference in your riding.

But go ahead, spend your parents' money. It's not mine, so I don't give a damn.
the point in this thread is to find a better one so dont have a go at me, and as written above, i get no money from my parents.. i make maximum £20 a month so f*ck you

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:24 Quote
Na You Have A Sick Bike At The Moment. I Know What You Mean About Paying To Get Into Parks. But What 2010 Bike Would You Get??? American And Canadians Are So Lucky Get Lush Parks To Ride Drive At Like 15/16. Not Fair Razz

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:26 Quote
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
Na You Have A Sick Bike At The Moment. I Know What You Mean About Paying To Get Into Parks. But What 2010 Bike Would You Get??? American And Canadians Are So Lucky Get Lush Parks To Ride Drive At Like 15/16. Not Fair Razz
yeh man, i agree, but you asked what 2010 bike i would get?THATS WHAT I MADE THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT! WHAT BIKE SHOULD I GET? LOL

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:27 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
the point in this thread is to find a better one so dont have a go at me, and as written above, i get no money from my parents.. i make maximum £20 a month so f*ck you

This thread has no point because the 2010 bikes aren't out yet, which makes your whole search pointless until they do come out.

And when they do, they will probably be available in a few different colors that weren't around last year, and might be a few grams lighter. Which, again, will make no f*cking difference. Go ride.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:27 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
yeh man, i agree, but you asked what 2010 bike i would get?THATS WHAT I MADE THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT! WHAT BIKE SHOULD I GET? LOL

Oh Right Sorry Dude Razz Umm I Dunno Ive Been Looking At Fitbikeco Myself As I Think They Are Pretty Sick. When You Off To Woodward Dude??

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:30 Quote
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:

Oh Right Sorry Dude Razz Umm I Dunno Ive Been Looking At Fitbikeco Myself As I Think They Are Pretty Sick. When You Off To Woodward Dude??
9-22AUG... staying in Miami to street ride with my mate for a week after too Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:31 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:

9-22AUG... staying in Miami to street ride with my mate for a week after too Smile
also, where can i see some 2010 bikes?

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:32 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:

Yooo Thats Gunna Be A Sick Trip! Is It Just You Going Or You Goin With Friends? I Would Love To Go Whistler! Or Woodward. Wanna Start Saving!

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:34 Quote
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:

Yooo Thats Gunna Be A Sick Trip! Is It Just You Going Or You Goin With Friends? I Would Love To Go Whistler! Or Woodward. Wanna Start Saving!
lol i have done mountain biking twice with SGC in whistler... but i much prefer BMX so its woodward for me this year Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:36 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:

lol i have done mountain biking twice with SGC in whistler... but i much prefer BMX so its woodward for me this year Smile

Yeah Boy Well I Hope You Have A Good Time Dude And Best Take Loads Of Pictures So I Can See What Its Like!

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:38 Quote
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:
Tommy-Gun47 wrote:

Yeah Boy Well I Hope You Have A Good Time Dude And Best Take Loads Of Pictures So I Can See What Its Like!
YES, YES AND YES. bought a SLR canon 1000d and a £450 fisheye last year so i'll get some sikk photos
im off man
later

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
JokerMachine wrote:
Dude, it's not going to be that much better.
it might be, or why would i start this thread, damn.

With the way used bikes are selling right now, you'd be lucky to have it sold by the end of the month. Realistically I would expect somewhere closer to 300 for it, not that there's anything wrong with the bike but in my experiences a 50-60% return is standard. Upgrading parts rarely means a whole hell of a lot, for the most parts upgraded parts will at best allow you to maintain the original value of the bike (sad but true).

So all things considered, I'd say you'd be very lucky to get 350-400 for the bike plus 150 from your bank account, so in the end you'd be trading an upgraded $500 bike for a stock $500 bike. In other words, unless you can somehow come up with a grip of cash to invest, you're basically just taking a step sideways or maybe even backwards. Ride the bike you're familiar with, you'll be a lot happier than picking up a new ride and not progressing as well because you may or may not get accustomed to the new bike in a short amount of time.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
skidmark620 wrote:
B1LL15 wrote:
hahaha i can get my N (new drivers meaning i can drive by myself with passengers) in august. Big Grin i can't wait!
lucky lol... isnt the driving age like 16 in america?
you get your permit at 16 but you cant drive yourself until you're seventeen and then you have to wait until you're seventeen and a half in order to drive relatives and then another six months until you can drive anyone

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:50 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
skidmark620 wrote:

This thread has no point because the 2010 bikes aren't out yet, which makes your whole search pointless until they do come out.

And when they do, they will probably be available in a few different colors that weren't around last year, and might be a few grams lighter. Which, again, will make no f*cking difference. Go ride.

+1

I agree with the fact of riding with what you have.

Getting the 2010 ride that's 500g lighter won't make you huck whoppers any sooner then practicing on your current bike right now.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
heres why i think your not so smart... you buy a hella nice ass khe bike.. and then the new models come out and you want to get a new bike.. when the bike you have is already as nice as can be for a complete..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012819
Mobile Version of Website