2009 Dobermann Molosse Build Blog

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
2009 Dobermann Molosse Build Blog
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
Ok so I am building up a new Dobermann. Its going to be a street orientated build but it will be able to handle smooth DJ's. I am hoping to be around 25 pounds (with lots of room to go lighter)without Ti (other than spindle).

Here is the spec I have chosen so far but tell me anyway to get it lighter (23 pounds is legit for me).

Frame: 2009 Dobermann Molosse 24" specific w/ no brake mounts/tabs (Indian Turquoise)
Fork: 2009 Dobermann Tchokr 24" (Indian Turquoise)/Lowered Z1 60mm (Black)

Headset: Chris King (Black)
Stem: Mutant Sin (if I can get it) or an Eastern Deceptikon (Black)
Bars: 2009 Dobermann Guidoune (Black)
Grips: Gusset (Black) or Tape (Black)
Seat: Federal Slim SL (Black)
Cranks: Demolition Medial LT (Black)
BB: Eclat
Sprocket: Demolition M5 25T (Black)
Chain: KMC 710SL

Rear Wheel
Rim: Alienation Runaway (Black)
Hub: Eclat Teck (Black)

Spokes: Something Strong (Black)
Tire: KHE Mac 2

Front Wheel
Rim: Alienation Runaway (Black)
Hub: Odyessy Vandero 2 (Black)
Spokes: Something Strong (Black)
Tire: KHE Mac 2

Extras:
G-Sport Plegs (Plastic Pegs) in White

Please I really want a light build. Any suggestions are appreciated. I know the bars are heavy but I really like them so I am going to keep them. If I really need to loose them then I would probably buy something lighter.

The colour is going to be Indian Turquoise which looks like this:
photo

Its the colour of Xavier Cloutier's bike cuz its dope.

EDIT: Stuff in bold is stuff I already have and stuff in italics is stuff I DO NOT want to change.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
If you don't already have the King headset, honestly, don't bother. I'm saying this as someone who dropped a ton of money on it, just get something lighter and cheaper and spend that extra $50 or so on something else.

If you run a lowered Z1 ( please do it, that shit is SO legit) you can save a chunk of weight and expense and get an MTB stem (+ shim), maybe reuse one that you have sitting around?

Spokes, I've had nothing but good luck with Atomlabs...mine are red, that's all I know. I have yet to break ANY, I've had around 5 nipples fail on me but no spokes have failed. Two derailleurs and counting have been in the spokes, and you don't know the half of what I do to wheels. So I'd go with those.

And I have to ask, why no ti?

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:11 Quote
crs-one wrote:
If you don't already have the King headset, honestly, don't bother. I'm saying this as someone who dropped a ton of money on it, just get something lighter and cheaper and spend that extra $50 or so on something else.

If you run a lowered Z1 ( please do it, that shit is SO legit) you can save a chunk of weight and expense and get an MTB stem (+ shim), maybe reuse one that you have sitting around?

Spokes, I've had nothing but good luck with Atomlabs...mine are red, that's all I know. I have yet to break ANY, I've had around 5 nipples fail on me but no spokes have failed. Two derailleurs and counting have been in the spokes, and you don't know the half of what I do to wheels. So I'd go with those.

I will be putting in Ti, just saying I want it to be around 25 pounds without Ti. I can get the King headset for 90 bucks brand new. I was thinking about the Ti Atomlab spokes but I dunno about those. Hopefully it will be a Z1 or a DJ Urban (I cant find any lowered Z1's or any 06 Z1's. I dont want to pay a lot on a Sus fork because I will be riding rigid most of the time.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:15 Quote
crs-one wrote:

you could save so much money, such as by running only one fork???
also odyssey rims are lighter than runaways:P

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
blah12325 wrote:
crs-one wrote:

I heard the Hazard Lites (assuming thats what you mean) are 700g (says on their site or something) and the Alienations are 500 and something.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:19 Quote
doberdude wrote:
blah12325 wrote:
crs-one wrote:

ha look on jondurhams profile
photo

and its the chrome one!

I heard the Hazard Lites (assuming thats what you mean) are 700g (says on their site or something) and the Alienations are 500 and something.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:21 Quote
blah12325 wrote:
doberdude wrote:
blah12325 wrote:

ha look on jondurhams profile
photo

and its the chrome one!

Weird, I heard they are heavy as f*ck. I gotta find out.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:46 Quote
Wtf, you want a light build? But Dob bars.. explain?

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 9:54 Quote
Haha, I said I know the Dob bars are not light, I just really like the feel of them, I dunno why. But if I cant get the weight down to 23 pounds or whatever then I am just going to get something different and I will sell those.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
looking good so far.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Yeye, should be sweet, I wanna see my old Dob in glory with your build haha

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
dont worry, when i am done, it will be wonderful. I dispise Canada Post.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:31 Quote
jaredhtop wrote:
dont worry, when i am done, it will be wonderful. I dispise Canada Post.
Haha, same in a way, other than they are the safest to ship by with COD.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:32 Quote
I would have payed for it. I do alot of wheeling and dealing on here. But what ever. I cant wait to ride a dob. Never have before haha.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
Go for a Crank Brothers headset.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015326
Mobile Version of Website