If I build ramps & some kid gets hurt, will I get sued?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
If I build ramps & some kid gets hurt, will I get sued?
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:02 Quote
my aunt is a lawyer, she said that if you put ride at your own risk signs up you can still get sued. just put up no tresspassing signs to be on the safe side.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
my aunt is a lawyer, she said that if you put ride at your own risk signs up you can still get sued. just put up no tresspassing signs to be on the safe side.

yea well the law is kidaa stupid ae? lol

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:13 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
Depends on which country and is it your land, private land, etc...

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
We can't do a no trspassing sign 90% of the time because we are doing the trespassing alot of the time "technically" But I do agree that our legal system is f*cked, murders and drug dealers are let off way to often but then some kid falls and hurts them selves of completely their own doing and its everyone else's fault. and punishment is seeked on others for their own stupidity. Way back when I went out clambered up onto a school roof and dropped it slid out on the landing and knocked myself cold and did I sue for the school leaving a ladder on the side of the school open? no it was my own genius that went up there. I hate the world we live in, If you want a good watch about trail building controversy watch ladder bridges on rush HD it has a long section bout dangerous Dan and his work on the shore.

Ryan

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:28 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
We can't do a no trspassing sign 90% of the time because we are doing the trespassing alot of the time "technically" But I do agree that our legal system is f*cked, murders and drug dealers are let off way to often but then some kid falls and hurts them selves of completely their own doing and its everyone else's fault. and punishment is seeked on others for their own stupidity. Way back when I went out clambered up onto a school roof and dropped it slid out on the landing and knocked myself cold and did I sue for the school leaving a ladder on the side of the school open? no it was my own genius that went up there. I hate the world we live in, If you want a good watch about trail building controversy watch ladder bridges on rush HD it has a long section bout dangerous Dan and his work on the shore.

Ryan

yea man i totaly agree, meanwhile the police are not doing there job. they wouldnt have to do as much anyway if everyone was riding dirtjumps and NOT selling drugs?

Ben

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
Can you believe a cop tried to ticket me a few years ago for using that comment because I got pulled over for some stupid reason that im not recalling it right now though.

Ryan

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 12:11 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Can you believe a cop tried to ticket me a few years ago for using that comment because I got pulled over for some stupid reason that im not recalling it right now though.

Ryan

haha lol they can all get a life!

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
y0Ho wrote:
wow how did u get permision???

i spoke to the landlord himself

Posted: Oct 13, 2009 at 12:27 Quote
thecollonadekid wrote:
Yup

Posted: Jan 27, 2011 at 12:13 Quote
I love how blame is so easily passed onto the land owner on this topic.
"Don't worry about it, the land owner is responsible"

In this case, I WAS THE LAND OWNER.

Had an idiot fall off of a teeter totter, turned it into my home owners insurance.

They gave him a hefty check, and made me tear down my trails to keep my policy. AND MY RATES WENT UP.

Awesome.

Here are the pictures of the trails: http://www.thisismyaddiction.com

Posted: Jan 31, 2011 at 22:27 Quote
here in the US it is the land owners fault even if they have no idea wtf is going on. ALWAYS put up signs even if its not your turf.

Ive seen some people anchor rings into the ground on both sides of the jump and lock a rail through them as to "lock up" the jumps. Im sure some moron will try anyways but its a good deterent.

Im planing on building alot this season and plan on locking everything up so random ppl cant f*ck with it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018176
Mobile Version of Website