How do I remove a spanish bb from my eastern thunderbird frame?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How do I remove a spanish bb from my eastern thunderbird frame?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
Angle the allen key (or whatever you're hitting) so that its sitting against the inside of the bearing.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
I usually use a drum stick actually. I don't usually use an allan key, although I have before and it doesn't hurt as long as you're careful. When you're hammering the bearing out, make sure that you're not directly hitting the bearing, or else you could end up wrecking them. With my experience the bearings don't come out that quickly. Sometimes it can take a good 5-10 minutes of pounding, especially if they're rusted/seized in there. When you're putting them back in, make sure to use plenty of grease.

To answer your question about the profile cranks, I'm pretty sure they use 19mm spindles, so you'll need a 19mm Spanish bb.

Posted: Jul 8, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
I usually use a drum stick actually. I don't usually use an allan key, although I have before and it doesn't hurt as long as you're careful. When you're hammering the bearing out, make sure that you're not directly hitting the bearing, or else you could end up wrecking them. With my experience the bearings don't come out that quickly. Sometimes it can take a good 5-10 minutes of pounding, especially if they're rusted/seized in there. When you're putting them back in, make sure to use plenty of grease.

To answer your question about the profile cranks, I'm pretty sure they use 19mm spindles, so you'll need a 19mm Spanish bb.
thanks man, hope this works it's starting to get on my nerves

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009653
Mobile Version of Website