Peterborough and Kawartha Lakes

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Peterborough and Kawartha Lakes
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
Hey Everyone i just thought i would start a forum thread about Peterborough and Kawartha Lakes, mostly because Iam always looking for stuff about good places to go but have never heard of many so if you have any ideas of great locations related to biking please post.

Posted: Sep 28, 2007 at 6:34 Quote
Hey man, its cool that you started this threa but I doubt it will see that much action. Seeing as there aren't too many bikers up around that area, do you know where bancroft is? Because if you look around they're are some pretty sick places to build, that probably won't get removed.

Evan,

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 16:24 Quote
stpriider2 wrote:
there aren't too many bikers up around that area

haha dont speak too soon there quite a few of us, not sure how many are on pinkbike though.

Most of the stuff in ptbo is street, there are a few trails up at trent and one or two down at flemming. there are two DJ spots(that I know of) and one 'north shore' spot.

Bike Ranch Freeride Park in Bethany(correct?)is due to open next year, it was schedualed for the beginning of this season but they had some legal issues or something so it was delayed. This place will have a 4x track and a whole bunch of other good stuff.

There is probly a lot of people who can give you a lot more info than I can.
Your best bit is to find some locals or just bike around and see what you find

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 15:07 Quote
u tell em larry

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 14:19 Quote
YEah i guess I spoke too soon. But hey I forgot about The Ranch, thanx for the remoiner, i was supposed to go and then it got shutdown. Me and my cousin build up around his cottage alot. That is like 20 mins from Barry's Bay I'm kinda thinking of putting in some Dj's in. But yeah like he ^^ said just ridde around and see what you can find.tup

Evan,

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
i realized a couple weeks ago if you want to do some street biking you can go to the skatepark during the day if you skip school all day like me its worth it Big Grin

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 10:11 Quote
Larry is right, there are quite a few riders in Peterborough, and we sometimes go as a big group. If you hang around the dirt jumps, you'll meet a lot of people, most of them are pretty nice.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:14 Quote
Where are the dirt jumps anyways, i know where there are some but they arent very good?

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
im not actually from peterborough but i go through it often enough to see some cool stuff. down by the theatre there are some neat street things to sesh, and also the best street locations in any city will be in the industrial zones. just go to any factories you can find and there will be some cool stuff, guaranteed.

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:36 Quote
Yeah ive tried to session the stuff near the theatre but i always get kicked off by the stupid rent-a-cops.Madder

Posted: Oct 6, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
trent campus maybe? thats in peterborough right

Posted: Oct 7, 2007 at 9:21 Quote
Ya there are some trails at Trent, at Peterborough Square (right across the theatre) there are ledges, Mellenium Park (behind Galaxy), there are some rocks and ledges, and that big rock by the fountain you can wallride. The dirtjumps are by Fairburn road, but the easiest one to find is behind Highland school. Just ask someone there to take you to fairburn. Theres a pretty good bank near PCVS school. At the Bible College there a some drops. Just meet other people that bike and you'll find tonnes of new spots.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 17:23 Quote
And when ur heading towards Trent on the Bike path on ur right there should be some dirt trails you can turn off onto...theres so alright downhill there

Posted: Dec 10, 2007 at 18:40 Quote
Anyone know of any indoor places or just places in general to go in the winter in p.dot?

Posted: Jan 26, 2008 at 16:35 Quote
I'm not sure this year, but last year some bmxers and skaters would shovel off the skatepark, so you could go there when its warmer.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013442
Mobile Version of Website