2010 boxxer WC VS> 2010 fox 40 RC2, the ultimate DH fork debate

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2010 boxxer WC VS> 2010 fox 40 RC2, the ultimate DH fork debate
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
i havent seen a forum on which fork is better than the other so i thought to start one.

im a fan of the 40 just cus it has supreme dampening performance thats much better than the boxxer and its much more durable,
whats your favorite and why?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
1) cus it has supreme dampening performance thats much better than the boxxer
2) much more durable

How so? and how so?

As this is a debate there should be more reasoning.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
oh god, why, why do you want to do this, its been done at least 12020591502 times before, it becomes a childish argument, resulting in quotes like "the boxxer wont stand up to big hits" and then fails.

Oh wait, it already failed.

mr-wilson wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
2) much more durable

How so? and how so?

+1

I haven't seen too many broken 2010 boxxers, the broken ones I know of probably would have had the same thing happen if they were Fox 40s. As not as many people are on 2010 models yet I doubt it'll be the greatest debate.

mr-wilson wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
2) much more durable

How so? and how so?

the 40mm stanchions and entire chasis is much stronger, and as for the dampening, it provides hella sweet Hi-lo speed that provides much more control. mission control is great, but not asss great

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
mr-wilson wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
2) much more durable

How so? and how so?

the 40mm stanchions and entire chasis is much stronger, and as for the dampening, it provides hella sweet Hi-lo speed that provides much more control. mission control is great, but not asss great
Your an idiot, Mission control provides High and low speed compression, an adjustable floodgate between them, and the boxxer also has High and low speed rebound, and dropstop, it outpeforms the 40 in every respect, the 40 is almost too stiff, it gets pinged about more.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:54 Quote
it sounds like you already have your mind made up bud.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
LOL this guy makes me laugh (DH-Kevin)
The Fox 40 FIT RC2 is an AMAZING fork, apparently MILES better than the old one, which i know from experience is amazing. They are both in essence equally strong, anything you can ride out of they will withstand...end of story.
Boxxers were ridden at rampage...so were 40's, and they both survived.
I personally would go with Boxxers because I'm light, and like Muttley said the 40's get to a point where they are to stiff.
I havent ridden any model year of the boxxers on the trails though, but the maintenance with a boxxer is alot more than with a 40....
ideally for me, boxxer chassis with 40 intenals lol

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:57 Quote
Having spent 8 months on FIT 40's and almost 2 months now on 010 boxxer races, the race is equal to the 40, i havnt ridden 010 teams but will tommorow.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
im acually posting this forum to see which one to buy..... my opinions are Bs im just caring bout alll urs

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 15:59 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:

While I won't go quite as far as Muttley he's mentioned the adjustments. How can you say the chassis is any stronger? Stiffer...maybe.....are the 2005 888RC's weak with 35mm stanchions?

Edit: go with either....long run it doesn't matter. Skip out on the Team for 10' though.

O+
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
im acually posting this forum to see which one to buy..... my opinions are Bs im just caring bout alll urs
Somehow i doubt you can afford either of those forks.
For me personally, price, performance, and all the rest of it comes down to Boxxer Teams...if I had to pick a fork for myself.
EDIT: Whats with the Teams wilson?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
Muttley wrote:
Having spent 8 months on FIT 40's and almost 2 months now on 010 boxxer races, the race is equal to the 40, i havnt ridden 010 teams but will tommorow.

Just to tell you, you don't call the 010 (oh-tens) you just call it the '10. oh-ten is just weird.

As for Boxxer vs. 40:

I don't care.

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
Ok, fine '10 boxxers then.

Why ewas it you posted again?

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
Everyone just go on one of the 500,000 threads that are the same exact thing as this one! and how is it possible not to see another one like this and make a new one saying " i havent seen another one like this so...". and u shouldnt choose a fork on what other people think. just go ride both and see which one u like better

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012815
Mobile Version of Website