Cove Shocker or Commencal Dh WC?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Cove Shocker or Commencal Dh WC?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 21, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
The title speaks for its self! But yeah what should I pic, the commencal wc frame or a Cove Shocker frame?
The money does not matter

PS: I race dh and ride some freeride stuff.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 15:15 Quote
I've been wondering the same thing, except that Im looking at the supreme not the world cup. Can anybody help us?

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
One of my buddies has a Shocker with a DHX 5.0 and he loves it, it rides like a champ.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
Why, what makes it better than the commencal?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
KaDooZiE wrote:
Why, what makes it better than the commencal?
Hand made in Burnaby Brittish columbia.
I like the suspension design better, and it's a cove.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
lol, good point, have you ridden a commencal?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
KaDooZiE wrote:
lol, good point, have you ridden a commencal?
not me, but a good friend of mine did and he didn't like it at all. and he know's his big bikes. they look super flexxy to me.
why don't you consider a new demo?

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
Meh, not a big fan of the demos.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 18:35 Quote
you will not break the shocker.
retarted tough, great suspension design, low maintenance.
jumps, corners, and sucks up chunder like no other.

and they just feel incredible, and you can beat the shit out of them day in and out and they'll keep coming back for more.
both good bikes, but i feel the cove is superior.

cove is my local shop and they dont f*ck around, they know what they're doing.
i have a pimp demo and i can pretty much garauntee my next bike will be a shocker

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 21:48 Quote
Has anyone ridden a commencal long enough to tell me what they think of them?

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 at 10:25 Quote
Commys are suposed to be amazing to ride i have a friend with one and he says its the fastest thing hes ever ridden after being a orange22x fanboy for ages. However it has a major problem, it cracks seroiusly badly. He has had to send his back for warrenty for cracks and 3 weeks later they are still messing about with it also i know another guy cracked his got it back within 2 weeks cracked again.

The Shocker i have ridden however as i own one and i love it its awsome, jumps well corners like nothing else ive tried and its tough as nails.

So in summary i think the commy is a better out and out race bike but you have to live in fear of it cracking, the cove is a very capable races bike as well and will last you alot longer.

Edit: these were 09 commys that cracked 2010 may be ok and its not just the supremes or wcs there are problems across the entire full sus linup this year where i work they have been nicknamed commonfail.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011481
Mobile Version of Website