Ride-this

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2010 at 18:22 Quote
It is definitely true that they have a great selection and great prices, but customer service and the speed of their shipment is sub-par. Here, it seems that everyone is giving them leeway due to the owners personal problems, but still, it's a business, and one that has a wide-spread array of customers. I know the company is not run by one person, so one person should not decide whether the company is running or not. I have had had two instances that have caused much anger with ride-this. Once they actually forgot to ship something of mine, I called them 4 weeks later and they literally said "I forgot to ship this." Also, I ordered something six days ago over the phone and it is still processing, that just doesn't make it seem like they care about their customers.

Posted: May 31, 2010 at 6:04 Quote
Is anyone having trouble with Ride-This lately? I ordered fork parts over a week ago and they havent shipped yet. I understand that they have to order them from their distributor, but still. I was told they were going to be shipping last week for sure and havent received a tracking number yet. And their site seems to be down. Anyone else having any issues?

O+
Posted: May 31, 2010 at 6:51 Quote
Those seem to be typical issues from my experiences

FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 5:39 Quote
so i was plainning on ordering a frame from here, is it worth the trouble tho? right now the website isnt even working and last time i bought from them it took longer then i'd expected. anyone with more recent experience dealing with r-t have an honest opinion?

Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 6:16 Quote
I just received an email from them. It looks like they are going through some changes that are slowing things down. They are cool guys to deal with and I can tell they are trying hard to keep up while making these changes. It is just a shitty time for them. If I were you I would call them and order over the phone. They will get you hooked up. If you let them know you had to wait longer then expected for your last order I am sure they will get it to you ASAP this time.

FL
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 9:56 Quote
alright thanks for the tip man, i'll deff go about it with a call then

O+
Posted: Jun 2, 2010 at 18:01 Quote
One thing to look at when ordering a frame is Chain Reaction Cycles. I was choosing between ride-this and CRC and CRC gives free shipping, or did give free shipping, for orders over $230. The free shipping took 4 days to ship international. I thought that was pretty good.

FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 3:49 Quote
oh yea thats true, i was thinking they would wack u for shipping but if they have free international then i might do that cause they do have the same frame i beleive for a little cheaper

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 7:52 Quote
I got an NS suburban for $260 total. Free shipping, and no taxes or duties

FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 16:09 Quote
thats what i ordered

Posted: Jun 3, 2010 at 16:16 Quote
I'm really dissapointed with their service. I ordered a helmet that they said was in stock and pedals. Two weeks later i got a call saying they did not have the helmet in stock, only the pedals. It has now been like 3 weeks and I still have not received the pedals or a call back about the helmet.

Posted: Feb 2, 2011 at 8:55 Quote
Just placed my first order with this company about 2 weeks ago. Still no product but I have been in contact over the phone a few times. I did some brief research on the company before ordering but never consulted the all mighty pinkbike. Now that I know this is a persisting problem with the company I don't see myself doing much business with them in the future.
As someone who has a lot of customer service experience, I can say they do a great job of making you feel at ease about your order, but so far they have failed to execute anything promised except taking my money from my account.

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 16:26 Quote
Hey, I bought a manitou circus a month ago and they just keep lying to me. First they told me I would get it at the end of the week, then they stopped answering my emails. Last week they told me there had been a fire in their warehouse but they would be able to ship my fork at the end of the week. My fork still hasn't been shipped and I'm starting to get pissed even though I can't really though anything about it. If I want to buy it from another place it will cost me at least a 100$ more.

Have you guys ever received stuff that took more than 1 month to arrive? I can't ride my bike until I receive my fork so this really sucks.

Posted: Aug 23, 2011 at 20:37 Quote
osiris853 wrote:
Hey, I bought a manitou circus a month ago and they just keep lying to me. First they told me I would get it at the end of the week, then they stopped answering my emails. Last week they told me there had been a fire in their warehouse but they would be able to ship my fork at the end of the week. My fork still hasn't been shipped and I'm starting to get pissed even though I can't really though anything about it. If I want to buy it from another place it will cost me at least a 100$ more.

Have you guys ever received stuff that took more than 1 month to arrive? I can't ride my bike until I receive my fork so this really sucks.
I just received and e mail too from them about the fire . I am waiting on a replacement part that was under warranty . Before that I ordered a bunch of stuff and it took two weeks before they sent it out. Something that one of the parts was miss categorized . I mean they have the lowest prices on the net and hard to find parts but it is kind of perplexing how they handle the business Rolleyes

Posted: Aug 30, 2011 at 15:26 Quote
After a month and a week and seeing such a nice deal on the manitou circus on CRC I decided to call my credit card company and cancel the order.

Very disapointed with this shop. 1 month and 1 weel of time lost for nothing.

I will never buy from them again and I wouldn't suggest to buy from them to anyone, no matter what deal they have.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018230
Mobile Version of Website