Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Mount Sainte Anne!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Mount Sainte Anne!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 6:40 Quote
So as you all probably know Qualifying is today and DH & 4X finals are tomorrow, the DH is on Freecaster at 18.15 GMT and the 4X will be sometime later, I presume about Midnight because the schedule says it's starting at 19.00 Quebec time (dunno if it's "Eastern Canada Time" or what).

Enjoy it everybody, I know will I cannot wait see to what Napalm has done in qualifying.

Freecaster link here. Tune in at 18.15 tomorrow for your monthly Rob Warner fix

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 7:14 Quote
Thanks for the link, the course walk video is really cool. That course is f'in fast.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 8:45 Quote
anybody got any early predictions then?

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 8:46 Quote
Who's gonna win? I figure Minnaar. But Hill will be hungry for a win. And I'm hoping for Stevie Smith to get a podium of course!!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
elcielo wrote:
Who's gonna win? I figure Minnaar. But Hill will be hungry for a win. And I'm hoping for Stevie Smith to get a podium of course!!!

i was also thinking minaar, if it gets wet then hill might be up there! but any of the top guys could take, i hope barrel takes it tbh Smile

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 8:55 Quote
Hm, seems the safe bet is Minaar which I wouldn't disagree with but yeah if it's wet which it probably will be I'll be looking to Sam to do something.

Blenkinsop and Stevie should so well too, and you can't count Peat out, ever.

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 9:04 Quote
Gee Atherton will probably be feeling confident after his win at the national champs last weekend, he'll probably be up there aswell i reckon.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 9:06 Quote
ash-s wrote:
elcielo wrote:

i was also thinking minaar, if it gets wet then hill might be up there! but any of the top guys could take, i hope barrel takes it tbh Smile

I'd be cool with Barel winning too Big Grin

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 9:14 Quote
The hip gap is huge! I guess the top section will make/ break the run though

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 9:47 Quote
This is the first track this year that I'm actually dying to ride.

It's exactly what I want in a track. Top bit is fast and open. Then a load of technical rocky and rooty stuff, then some more fast and flowy stuff with big jumps, then finish with some more tech.

I'd love to see Peaty take it, MSA is one of his favourites.

I'd also love to see Blenkinsop, Brendog, Stevie Smith, and Matti Lehikoinen doing well. They're all more than capable.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 10:12 Quote
totally agree with timlake, especially brendog was absolutely ripping in the vids ive seen of him during practice

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 13:17 Quote
Haha, to all the Hill haters. f*ck you!

Looks like Hill had 'one of those runs'
I'd have liked to have seen that.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 13:18 Quote
I know Big Grin I actually like being a Hill fan-boy now, as pretty much everybody has left him.

Brendan had a pretty decent time for a crash didn't he?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010462
Mobile Version of Website