Anybody ridden the new DHX RC4?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anybody ridden the new DHX RC4?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 16:40 Quote
Well I'm thinking of getting one but I haven't been able to find any reviews but a really long and complicated one on the shock. Plus I would just like to hear from more people what they think. Anybody?

I can basically get any shock I want so you can throw out some others on the table too.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
pretty much pointless unless it is tuned to your bike, unless you get it tuned your better off with the 5.0

edit- id say go for the BOS stoy, mainly because it is called the sex toy.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
pretty much pointless unless it is tuned to your bike, unless you get it tuned your better off with the 5.0

Key word 'basically' It's a shit load of money and not really good for anything but dh.
Why would you have to get it tuned to your bike? In that case would every shock have to be tuned to your bike? Even a dhx 5? The dhx 5 is a weak performance shock. It's an all mountain shock. I don't need shitty propedal for my gravity bike.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:25 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
giant0rider wrote:

Key word 'basically' It's a shit load of money and not really good for anything but dh.
Why would you have to get it tuned to your bike? In that case would every shock have to be tuned to your bike? Even a dhx 5? The dhx 5 is a weak performance shock. It's an all mountain shock. I don't need shitty propedal for my gravity bike.

pro pedal is low speed compression. rc4 is a shim stack shock which need to be tuned to your bikes leverage ratio, the rest of the adjustment feed off of that.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:40 Quote
ya, the rc4 will feel awful unless it is tuned for you, and your bike, but once it is, they are amazing. i dont think it would be the best bet for you. look into a rockshock vivid. amazing rear shocks

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:43 Quote
yeah u would like a vivid

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
giant0rider wrote:

then turn propedal all the way off maybe? saying a DHX 5 is an all mountain shock is like saying a boxxer is an xc fork because you can almost lock out the high speed compression. if you dont want propedal then you dont have to use it... simple as that.

what do you think the fox team riders were using before the rc4 was developed... a DHX 5

I have heard that rc4's are very finicky to tune and not worth the money unless you have a professional tune it for you. it would be cheaper to buy a DHX and have it pushed, be about the same performance for less.

and as others have said, if you really want to believe that a DHX is not a good DH shock, then get a vivid.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:05 Quote
you have not ridden a dh shock until you have ridden the BOS the thing is like butta'

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:12 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
you have not ridden a dh shock until you have ridden the BOS the thing is like butta'

for $1200 that thing better be butta, hell, for that price it better cook me dinner and wipe my ass too.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:14 Quote
One of my mates had his DHX 5.0 tuned to his weight and the guy that did it said there is no point 'buying' a new DHX 5.0.

He said he could get a 3.0 just as plush as his 5.0 which is tuned. They are lighter and they cost less too.

Otherwise, my vivid feels better than the 5.0, but time will tell it's durability.

The Bos Stoy is at a complete other level of suspension and well worth it's dollar.

Try the new Elka shock from Canada?

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:17 Quote
crash23 wrote:
giant0rider wrote:

for $1200 that thing better be butta, hell, for that price it better cook me dinner and wipe my ass too.

its only 900.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
crash23 wrote:
giant0rider wrote:

its only 900.

every place i have looked was like $1200 or $1300, found a couple used on ridemonkey for $1000

I just wouldnt be able to bring myself to pay that much for a shock. Im sure its amazing though, bos makes some smooth suspension.

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
crash23 wrote:
giant0rider wrote:
crash23 wrote:

its only 900.

every place i have looked was like $1200 or $1300, found a couple used on ridemonkey for $1000

I just wouldnt be able to bring myself to pay that much for a shock. Im sure its amazing though, bos makes some smooth suspension.

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=36

Posted: Jul 26, 2009 at 18:25 Quote
giant0rider wrote:
crash23 wrote:
giant0rider wrote:

its only 900.

http://www.diablofreeridepark.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=36

haha damn, that is seriously the one link i didnt click on when i was looking at prices. might be worth it for $900, but then you would have to get a bos fork to match its performance, which could be a little more spendy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.056393
Mobile Version of Website