Half pipe help

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Half pipe help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 18:15 Quote
at the moment im learning to air out of the half pipe at you local but everytime i get above the coping my back wheel gets hung up throwing me over the bars . (as you can imagine this is some what inconvenient )

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 6:22 Quote
how big is this half pipe of yours?

i find it easier airin on steeper quarters (preferably 6 foot)

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 6:48 Quote
ye i find it harder on small ones too

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:00 Quote
its 6 ft high and reletively steep, can you give any advice on how to not kill myself on it ?

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
Im also learning how to air out but id rather try it on a 4-5 foot quarter as its not as scary but if you bang your wheel on the coping of a 6 foot quarter pipe then you have a bigger way to fall.
I have been told to pull up as my front wheel leaves the coping and then tuck your back wheel in so it dont hit the coping. Easier said then done though ..

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
dj-ryder wrote:
Im also learning how to air out but id rather try it on a 4-5 foot quarter as its not as scary but if you bang your wheel on the coping of a 6 foot quarter pipe then you have a bigger way to fall.
I have been told to pull up as my front wheel leaves the coping and then tuck your back wheel in so it dont hit the coping. Easier said then done though ..
Maybe i shouldnt be such a pussy and go for it ?

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
dj-ryder wrote:
i find it easyier the steeper it is, i love riding vert coz of this

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
dj-ryder wrote:
dj-ryder wrote:
Maybe i shouldnt be such a pussy and go for it ?
thats what i always say to myself if i cant do something, dont let doubt in your mind.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:09 Quote
essexrider94 wrote:
dj-ryder wrote:
Ive rid a 6 foot quarter but didnt have the balls to attempt going above coping, and i've tried airing out on smaller quarters ( the mini over the back of rom which was like 4 feet ? ) and i kept banging my back wheel on the coping then and nearly going over my bars so im going to try it on a 5 foot im ready to attempt it now.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:11 Quote
dj-ryder wrote:
essexrider94 wrote:
dj-ryder wrote:
Ive rid a 6 foot quarter but didnt have the balls to attempt going above coping, and i've tried airing out on smaller quarters ( the mini over the back of rom which was like 4 feet ? ) and i kept banging my back wheel on the coping then and nearly going over my bars so im going to try it on a 5 foot im ready to attempt it now.
try riding the indoor half pipe there

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:13 Quote
essexrider94 wrote:
dj-ryder wrote:
essexrider94 wrote:
Next time i go i will.last time i went it was raining so every one was in there lol and ive rid it a couple of times before but the halfpipe is big in there so didnt attempt to air out.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:22 Quote
dj-ryder wrote:
essexrider94 wrote:
dj-ryder wrote:

Next time i go i will.last time i went it was raining so every one was in there lol and ive rid it a couple of times before but the halfpipe is big in there so didnt attempt to air out.
i might be heading up there fairly soonish so i'll message you then

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:24 Quote
your probably trying to hard to air, so your bunny hoping before your vertical(much like how you do a disaster. next time go a lil faster and just let the bike glide up you realy dont need to hop.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 7:40 Quote
mikedjumpin wrote:
your probably trying to hard to air, so your bunny hoping before your vertical(much like how you do a disaster. next time go a lil faster and just let the bike glide up you realy dont need to hop.
people tell me i slam it down too much aswell,

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017877
Mobile Version of Website