Mavic. Scared to show up at crankworx? you bet they are

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Mavic. Scared to show up at crankworx? you bet they are
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
funny thing is even the new deemax aint yellow lol Salute

and the 09 solved the issues with popping out spokes,for me there just to much money and need special spokes so to much of a faff.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
lol What a strange thread...

I personally loved my Mavic rims and will be getting another set when the time comes, just stuch with some mtx29's just now... as for the deetrak/ deemax situation... yeah the hubs n spoke system are just annoying and a bit of an issue but damn! what a rim Drool

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
skawt-1 wrote:

I personally loved my Mavic rims and will be getting another set when the time comes, just stuch with some mtx29's just now... as for the deetrak/ deemax situation... yeah the hubs n spoke system are just annoying and a bit of an issue but damn! what a rim Drool

if people have gripes with certain companies then we should to a certain extent encourage people to vent there frustration,after all its us the buying public that keep said business open.

yes stuff goes wrong but surely a voice of many will make the mfg's stand up and listen,although theres no help for the xo fans out there.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
marquis wrote:
skawt-1 wrote:

if people have gripes with certain companies then we should to a certain extent encourage people to vent there frustration,after all its us the buying public that keep said business open.

yes stuff goes wrong but surely a voice of many will make the mfg's stand up and listen,although theres no help for the xo fans out there.

tup

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
that was funny to see all the comments in response to my post there.

some of you didn't understand, maybe i'll put it in point form
mavic rims made for normal spokes. Awesome
Mavic hubs. shitty. reasons why?
shit pawls, always cracking out
shit bearing preload system, frequently loosening
Hard to find parts if you happen to lose them, or break them
spokes blow off hubs. total bullshit.
nipples on deemax seize once dirty, spoke twists, then breaks
a good quality j bend spoke doesn't break at the j bend anyway, so what?
tubeless for downhill bikes is crap anyway
yellow looks gay
somehow crossmax wheels are actually awesome, somehow.
deemaxs lose tension so bad when they're actually ridden hard, then the nipples bury in the rim and you're screwed. and if you flat spot them at all. your double screwed

mavic invented a solution to a problem that wasn't even a problem. the j- bend spoke head.
a well built wheel, built with quality spokes and rim. will only break when its time is up anyway. then its time to get a new rim and spoke it again

Have you ever tried to build a mavic deemax on a regular hub?
You can, but its a total waste of time. sure you get rid of the shitty hub but you still have the shitty rim and spoke problem.
big waste of time. but theres some dumb people rich enough to waste my time doing it.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
oh yeah, and they're just too damn french to listem

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 17:33 Quote
A Deemax rim is a 28 hole 823.

One of the best rims you can run for DH.

You're bitter about a problem which isn't even a problem anymore.

Mod
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 17:35 Quote
You're rants are pointless. The Deemax has been totally re-designed and is no longer available in yellow unless you happen to be a factory rider. Otherwise, they are silver. Included in this aesthetic redesign was the lightening of the hoop used on the Deemax. However, the most important design change for 2010 is their hub and drive system. They have completely changed it and from the first impressions of their wheels, they're holding up remarkably well.

Although some of the issues you are ranting about were frequently occurring in older generation wheels, a little bit of TLC went a long ways. I’ve never had issues with my Deemax that a rebuild/cleaning and a grease packing never fixed.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
A Deemax rim is a 28 hole 823.

One of the best rims you can run for DH.

You're bitter about a problem which isn't even a problem anymore.

a deemax rim is NOT a 28 hole 823. you're too stupid to be involved in this argument

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
You're rants are pointless. The Deemax has been totally re-designed and is no longer available in yellow unless you happen to be a factory rider. Otherwise, they are silver. Included in this aesthetic redesign was the lightening of the hoop used on the Deemax. However, the most important design change for 2010 is their hub and drive system. They have completely changed it and from the first impressions of their wheels, they're holding up remarkably well.

Although some of the issues you are ranting about were frequently occurring in older generation wheels, a little bit of TLC went a long ways. I’ve never had issues with my Deemax that a rebuild/cleaning and a grease packing never fixed.

you're a believer aren't you. mavic could tell you their rims will help you fly to the moon and you'd believe it wouldn't you.

And i said. just because they AREN'T yellow. doesn't mean they aren't still shit stupid. that means they're STILL shit.

tlc never helped these wheels, it just helped the spokes break. the only people who had good luck with these wheels were girls. or rode like girls, or pro's who got their wheels rebuilt all the time. quit being ignorant

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:32 Quote
bigtard wrote:
laurie1 wrote:

you're a believer aren't you. mavic could tell you their rims will help you fly to the moon and you'd believe it wouldn't you.

And i said. just because they AREN'T yellow. doesn't mean they aren't still shit stupid. that means they're STILL shit.

tlc never helped these wheels, it just helped the spokes break. the only people who had good luck with these wheels were girls. or rode like girls, or pro's who got their wheels rebuilt all the time. quit being ignorant

Oh i see. Laurie
you are a girl

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
Yes it IS a 28 hole 823. The new rims however now come in 32 hole drilling and actually have extra machining to the rim itself so they aren't 823's.

And I don't know why your ranting on about mavic. Probably some of the best rims you can get. Well priced, and they work for what they are designed for. Next you'll be making a topic on how DT swiss are all sh*t just because their rims dent easy.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
derekt wrote:
slipknot93dh wrote:
Or buy the Deemax rim and build it up on a different hub...
they dont come rim only

mavic 823s are the same as the rims on the deemax complete

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
Ok, seriously bigtard you are living up to your name. While I agree with everything you said about mavic hubs (I hate them too) being immature and foul mouthed will not win you this arguement, if anything you're helping mavic fans and hurting those of us that work in shops and hate rebuilding mavic hubs. Drop the attitude and restart your argument.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:39 Quote
Walrus666 wrote:
Yes it IS a 28 hole 823. The new rims however now come in 32 hole drilling and actually have extra machining to the rim itself so they aren't 823's.

And I don't know why your ranting on about mavic. Probably some of the best rims you can get. Well priced, and they work for what they are designed for. Next you'll be making a topic on how DT swiss are all sh*t just because their rims dent easy.

rims denting easily is a pretty good reason not to like them isn't it?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011623
Mobile Version of Website