Powered by Outside

Stumpjumper FSR - MX ?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Stumpjumper FSR - MX ?

Author Message
Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 10:52 Quote
hi,
I am looking for a new bike, and I decided to go for full suspension allrounder. Bike that climbs, accelerates fast but has jumping abilities. Will Stumpy FSR be good for me? I'm a bit inspired by this bike.

photo

3437841

Is Stumpy enough strong for jumping? I mean max 40" drops, 13 feet long flights and sometimes foolin' on 4x track.

I would build it completly custom with 2,3" wide tires and 140mm RS Pike. I'm not scared of 5" rear travel and I think I don't need more (I'm 136ibs / 62 kg heavy and currently I ride hardtail with 100mm RS Tora).



btw. I was also thinking of Blur 4x -but it's not available.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
Demiourgos wrote:
hi,
I am looking for a new bike, and I decided to go for full suspension allrounder. Bike that climbs, accelerates fast but has jumping abilities. Will Stumpy FSR be good for me? I'm a bit inspired by this bike.

photo

3437841

Is Stumpy enough strong for jumping? I mean max 40" dropsyes, 13 feet flightsI would not recommend it. and sometimes foolin' on 4x track.

I would build it completly custom with 2,3" wide tires and 140mm RS Pike. I'm not scared of 5" rear travel and I think I don't need more (I'm 136ibs / 62 kg heavy and currently I ride hardtail with 100mm RS Tora). Bottom Line, Wait for 2010

btw. I was also thinking of Blur 4x -but it's not available.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 11:24 Quote
btw. is it possible to put front mech on old Specialized SX frame?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 at 13:29 Quote
I'm sure, but I have not seen it.

Posted: Sep 10, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
Demiourgos wrote:
btw. is it possible to put front mech on old Specialized SX frame?
yes... it takes an e-type der. ask your local bike shop.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010083
Mobile Version of Website