Starting Out Down Hill Biking

PB Forum :: Downhill
Starting Out Down Hill Biking
Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 10:29 Quote
But i can spell "Existence" correctly.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 21:35 Quote
i got my stinky for 800 used in great condition it was a used rental bike stinkys r great entry level dh bikes. there name is white pine ski and bike this is there phone number 307-367-6606 just say your intested in there kona stinkys

and whoevers that stinkydeluxe was it was nice

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 21:40 Quote
KonaStinkyKid100 wrote:
i got my stinky for 800 used in great condition it was a used rental bike stinkys r great entry level dh bikes. there name is white pine ski and bike this is there phone number 307-367-6606 just say your intested in there kona stinkys

and whoevers that stinkydeluxe was it was nice
thx bud

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 23:32 Quote
Muttley wrote:

But i can use "Spell Check" correctly.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
Dude, get a Brooklyn Machine Works Race Link, it'll suit your riding.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
Muttley wrote:

But clearly not "I".

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 12:26 Quote
adrenalinejunkie11 wrote:
mtbrider71 wrote:
TheDanish wrote:
I'm in your exact position. Same bike and age. I think I'm going to save for a Bottlerocket though.

Thats a bike pretty specifically made for whistler type trails. Fast and flow.If the trails aroung you are rock and DH look for something else imo.

Wow, all wrong. Whistler has over 50 trails and they are not all fast and flowy. You cant have a "Whistler type" trail when there is something like In deep or Goats gully which is super tech, and A-line which is super flowy and smooth (apart from bloody braking bumps). I rode with a few guys on bottle rockets and they got pretty beat up in Whistler, and that was on the smooth trails. The bottlerocket is not a dh bike, more freeride/slopestyle.

Ok sorry it is an "A line type" bike. And no not all wrong i actually talk to one of the owners of the company and that is what he told me. You are right about the freeride/slopestlye though, it can be set up to be a pretty nasty slopestyle bike.

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
slopestyle123 wrote:
i just started riding dh this year and i have all the right stuff to start i have wide bars and knoby tires. my bike is a DJ bike but now its more a DH hardtale. i have a good fullface helmet, gloves, goggles, 3 jerseys, nike 6.0s, elbow pads and knee/shin pads. of course you will need some sick movies to get stocked and/or pumped. right now i am pretty much living #1 off the list of my dreams.

Regarding movies; may I suggest anything with Steve Peat in it. You can learn a lot about down hill riding and he's always exciting to watch. I currently pop in "Roam" to get in the mood.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
jbeezee wrote:
slopestyle123 wrote:
i just started riding dh this year and i have all the right stuff to start i have wide bars and knoby tires. my bike is a DJ bike but now its more a DH hardtale. i have a good fullface helmet, gloves, goggles, 3 jerseys, nike 6.0s, elbow pads and knee/shin pads. of course you will need some sick movies to get stocked and/or pumped. right now i am pretty much living #1 off the list of my dreams.

Regarding movies; may I suggest anything with Steve Peat in it. You can learn a lot about down hill riding and he's always exciting to watch. I currently pop in "Roam" to get in the mood.
i think ones with cedric gracia, or bourdo or vandershizzle in them are sick. i like NWD 8 and 9 and seasons

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 19:40 Quote
slopestyle123 wrote:
jbeezee wrote:
slopestyle123 wrote:

i think ones with cedric gracia, or bourdo or vandershizzle in them are sick. i like NWD 8 and 9 and seasons

Yay seasons, that was my favourite

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 21:42 Quote
i think the new kranked revolve is pretty sick to

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 22:02 Quote
i saw seasons at a helly hanse shop me and my cusin stayed there to watch the hole movie it was great
F1rst was also good

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 22:14 Quote
KonaStinkyKid100 wrote:
i saw seasons at a helly hanse shop me and my cusin stayed there to watch the hole movie it was great
F1rst was also good

Agree! Tipping Point, Elemental, and just about anything by The Collective (including all the Kranked vids) are awesome.

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 at 8:01 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
slopestyle123 wrote:
jbeezee wrote:

Yay seasons, that was my favourite
seasons is the best MTB movie ever

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.049953
Mobile Version of Website