2010 Mongoose Boot'r + Boot'r Team

PB Forum :: Downhill
2010 Mongoose Boot'r + Boot'r Team
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 17:57 Quote
Iv got an ECD too. I think it should be called ECFR lol. I like it for taking big hits but it doesn't take the quick hits like for DH as well.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 20:50 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
ha.. just to bump a old thread.. But update that is Mongoose Related.. I got a 2010 Khyber Super and this thing is sick!! It climbs pretty well, but once you let everything go, Its a beast of a trail bike.. I still have the old 09 bootr team and I came right off the bootr, and that khyber feels super natural to ride.. super stoked.. how many of you guys ended up with bootr's or boot'r teams?
How is the hammerschmidt? and weight? That bike is on my list. I'm wanting a trail bike, and deciding between a Nugget and a Khyber. The Khyber is clearly a better trail bike, but I may want to do some 4x races as well if I have the Nugget.

I am soo stoked with the Khyber.. the hammerschmidt is sick.. you definatly will take it for granted how fast it shifts.. it is really sweet, I probably wont have a bike with out it from here on out. I am not sure about the weight, I havent gotten it to a good scale yet, but I am going to grab lighter tires, go tubeless and then I am thinking my large will be 33ish lbs.. I hope anyways.. I just climbed 2000 feet on it tonight and it wasnt that bad, and It decends like my Boot'r does.. I am soo happy with this bike and I am a huge fan of the Khyber..

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 22:37 Quote
cikudh wrote:
Kamron wrote:
biker29er wrote:
i think mongoose has weird frame designs

it is call "free drive"

the specialized's demos have a strange desien too even more strange.

haha second that,, but, sometime strange design is called technology as mongoose does... i think before judging something, ones has to personally experience the bike first,, i don't know much, but i love my ec-d

true

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2010 at 22:40 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
swan3609 wrote:
ha.. just to bump a old thread.. But update that is Mongoose Related.. I got a 2010 Khyber Super and this thing is sick!! It climbs pretty well, but once you let everything go, Its a beast of a trail bike.. I still have the old 09 bootr team and I came right off the bootr, and that khyber feels super natural to ride.. super stoked.. how many of you guys ended up with bootr's or boot'r teams?
How is the hammerschmidt? and weight? That bike is on my list. I'm wanting a trail bike, and deciding between a Nugget and a Khyber. The Khyber is clearly a better trail bike, but I may want to do some 4x races as well if I have the Nugget.

I just weighted my Large Khyber with a Specialized captin control on the back in place of the Kenda excavator and totally tubeless, and it was 34.8 lbs.. pretty dirty though.. I would put it at 34.5 lbs clean.. its heavy for a AM bike but its practically a light weight FR bike.. the HA is 67 deg which is half a degree off of what my 09 boot'r is.. And I would definatly not call the khyber a "trail" bike by any means .. it is a burly as hell AM bike/ light duty FR bike.. by far the most versitile bike I have ever ridden.. its stupid fun..

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 at 0:24 Quote
2010 boot'r team looks the best
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/mic9754/DSCF3997.jpg?t=1268122987Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/mic9754/DSCF3998.jpg?t=1268123046

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 13:15 Quote
Kamron wrote:
cikudh wrote:
Kamron wrote:

it is call "free drive"

the specialized's demos have a strange desien too even more strange.

haha second that,, but, sometime strange design is called technology as mongoose does... i think before judging something, ones has to personally experience the bike first,, i don't know much, but i love my ec-d

true

Yeti 303 r-dh is a great bike only about $150 more than the boot r team ($4,150) you get the great Fox

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 13:55 Quote
There are two Yetis this year, a tapered frame ($4550) and nontapered ($4150)
I'm still surprised by these prices, pretty good for a WC spec'd DH racer. Cool
The Boot'r Team can also usually be found online on sale for well below MSRP.

Posted: May 27, 2010 at 13:45 Quote
blackfields57 wrote:
There are two Yetis this year, a tapered frame ($4550) and nontapered ($4150)
I'm still surprised by these prices, pretty good for a WC spec'd DH racer. Cool
The Boot'r Team can also usually be found online on sale for well below MSRP.

I know that it is less expensive but the Yeti 303 r-dh has fox standard worth the price....if you ride it enough

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 10:27 Quote
here's my 2010 boot'r and i love it.
photo

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 13:48 Quote
specializedalltheway wrote:
photo

Lookin' good.

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 13:57 Quote
rb716 wrote:
photo

Lookin' good.

thanks buddy im gonna make some changes to it so its still work in progress.

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 16:02 Quote
photo

wasn't your nickname specializedalltheway? hahahahahahaha just joking I own a 2009 boot'R stock only for code 7's and 888 RC3 WC internals swapped to my 888 RCV and its a f*cking sweet bike!

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 18:00 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
photo

wasn't your nickname specializedalltheway? hahahahahahaha just joking I own a 2009 boot'R stock only for code 7's and 888 RC3 WC internals swapped to my 888 RCV and its a f*cking sweet bike!

yeah it is but ive sold my demo-9 now but i want to upgrade the shock to a rockshox vivid 5.1 with ti-coil then some other changes to it.

Posted: Jul 12, 2010 at 18:41 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
here's my 2010 boot'r and i love it.*snip*[/PI]

yeah it is but ive sold my demo-9 now but i want to upgrade the shock to a rockshox vivid 5.1 with ti-coil then some other changes to it.

Now that I have the 888 RC3 WC up front, I'm looking for a Ti-coiled vivid 5.1 as you do. but before I get the vivid, I'm only getting a 250Lb steel spring for my roco, because I'm 133lb. Then with the vivid would make my ride complete in upgrading.

Posted: Jul 13, 2010 at 0:10 Quote
downhiller900sl wrote:
downhiller900sl wrote:

Now that I have the 888 RC3 WC up front, I'm looking for a Ti-coiled vivid 5.1 as you do. but before I get the vivid, I'm only getting a 250Lb steel spring for my roco, because I'm 133lb. Then with the vivid would make my ride complete in upgrading.

sounds good buddy,the changes i want to make to mine are 2010 boxxer wc,funn cranks and pedals,x.o then a re-spray in pearl white.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020957
Mobile Version of Website