General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
General marzocchi fox and RS suspension talk and Q&A
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 18:52 Quote
quick question, how low can a dj1 go? ive sent it to marzocchi to get the rebound adjuster fixed and i asked them if they could lower it while theyre at it and handed them 40mm worth of spacers so id like it to go down to 60mm, can it be that low?

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
quick question, how low can a dj1 go? ive sent it to marzocchi to get the rebound adjuster fixed and i asked them if they could lower it while theyre at it and handed them 40mm worth of spacers so id like it to go down to 60mm, can it be that low?

just call them and see what they say. i think it might only be able to go to 70mm though

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:02 Quote
santacruzv10forsale wrote:
So yea I guess im sold on the fox dhx 5.0 with 350 spring. I came across one really cheep brand new on ebay.

I want to buy new becuse that way ill know it works and wont be damaged at all.

So now lets talk forks. Keeping in mind I want to buy new and want the best bang for the buck cuase I also dont want to spend alot.

Im looking into the 888rcv 2009 for $550 or
888rc3 2009 for $700.

Is there a big difernce between the two. Is that bit of extra tuneability worth the extra cash. Are either fork going to perform well on a downhill coarse.

it depends which way you look at it. if you spring for the rc3, they are more things that can adjusted, but also more things to break.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:04 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
santacruzv10forsale wrote:
So yea I guess im sold on the fox dhx 5.0 with 350 spring. I came across one really cheep brand new on ebay.

I want to buy new becuse that way ill know it works and wont be damaged at all.

So now lets talk forks. Keeping in mind I want to buy new and want the best bang for the buck cuase I also dont want to spend alot.

Im looking into the 888rcv 2009 for $550 or
888rc3 2009 for $700.

Is there a big difernce between the two. Is that bit of extra tuneability worth the extra cash. Are either fork going to perform well on a downhill coarse.

it depends which way you look at it. if you spring for the rc3, they are more things that can adjusted, but also more things to break.

wow, i didn't know marzocchi breakes that easily. im not afraid of the huge adjustments on the bottom of my 40. but thats why fox is a good company and gives u an even bigger protector cap

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
they dont break that easily but if you have 5 adjustments as apposed to two. you have 3 more things that could potentailly break.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:08 Quote
d-bax wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

just call them and see what they say. i think it might only be able to go to 70mm though
ok, thanks. i emailed marzocchi a while ago and i sent an email again a week ago and still no answer. oh well ill find out when i get my fork back

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:09 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
they dont break that easily but if you have 5 adjustments as apposed to two. you have 3 more things that could potentailly break.

ahSmile

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
d-bax wrote:
norcorulz wrote:

ok, thanks. i emailed marzocchi a while ago and i sent an email again a week ago and still no answer. oh well ill find out when i get my fork back

i find that calling is way better, just because its instant and companies always take years to respond to emails.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
true, might contact marzocchis australian distributor this time

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:16 Quote
another Q. my VanR might be in need of new stanctions. and if it is i will be buying a new fork instead. has anyone actually ridden both fox and marzo to compare for me? im thinking about getting a 66 RCV.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
another Q. my VanR might be in need of new stanctions. and if it is i will be buying a new fork instead. has anyone actually ridden both fox and marzo to compare for me? im thinking about getting a 66 RCV.

New stancions will only be around $300-400, not worth getting a zocchi IMO.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
mikecurrier wrote:
gooieshred wrote:

yea, fox is superior in about a billion ways

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:34 Quote
d-bax wrote:
mikecurrier wrote:
gooieshred wrote:

i can sell mine for parts still (check my buysell). but the only reason why i would switch is maintenance and reliability. i know marzos need a lot less up keep and i would trust one more than my current fork. i could possibly get a lyric, but i'll save that for another thread. i can get a new fork for less than new stanctions.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 at 19:35 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
d-bax wrote:
mikecurrier wrote:

i can sell mine for parts still (check my buysell). but the only reason why i would switch is maintenance and reliability. i know marzos need a lot less up keep and i would trust one more than my current fork. i could possibly get a lyric, but i'll save that for another thread. i can get a new fork for less than new stanctions.

marzocchi needs less maintenance because of the obviously not- as- smooth- as- fox damping. u'll gain in maintenance, and lose in performance

Posted: Aug 27, 2009 at 7:19 Quote
Are there any reliablilty issue with the 08 marzo 66 RCV??

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011750
Mobile Version of Website