Which bike?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
So i was going to buy a DH/FR bike when i go back home and i have quite a few offers. But i'm not sure which one i want. I'm 5'8" 145lbs, i like doing anything from DJ's to DH racing to technical/wooden trails, and just trail riding. I'm going to be in Dahlgren, Virginia for 8 months and whatever trails are out there will be what i ride. Right now my top picks are:

Trek Session 77's (2005/2006) both well kept, stock, like new. $1200/1500

Coilair (2006) Great condition, fox shocks front/rear, e13 chainguide, raceface components. $1300

Santa Cruz VP Free (2006)with 2009 rock shox boxxer team fork, fox dhx 5 coil shock, truvativ bars, integrated stem, and cranks with tioga mx pedals. a white gamut chain guide with a race face 36 tooth chainring. sun rims with wtb hubs. shimano brakes. $1700

Kona Stinky (2005) with 2008 RockShox Boxxer Team forks, 50/50 pedals, e13 chainguide, deity dirty bars, avid juicy/elixer brakes. $1600

Morewood Izimu (2006) with Marzocchi 888 RC3 Fork, raceface compenents, hayes/sram setup. $1800

Right now i'm leaning more towards the morewood if i can get the price down a little, if not the stinky was my 2nd choice just because i hear the VP Free has a few problems you gotta deal with more often than not. The coilair and session are up there because those will probably suite the riding i do more often, but i still would like the be able to go the DH route.

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 at 20:00 Quote
Get the bike that suits your style of riding more. You said the Coilair and the Session lean more towards your style of riding so out of those 2 bikes, I'd go the Coilair because Trek have loads of problems with their bikes (maybe I'm biased but that's what I've heard from many people).

But as you said, if your looking to go with more of the DH route, The Morewood is definatly the pic out of the lot. The Izimu retails for $2350 so I reckon your could get more of a price drop then $550. Try get the seller down to aleast $1650.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007032
Mobile Version of Website