DK Ordinate?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
I just got my first BMX.

A DK Ordinate.

Did I make a good choice?

I'm looking at freestyling on it.
ex. Park, manualing, street tricks and stuff like that.

All information is appreciated. Thanks!

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 21:26 Quote
It's a good bike. Watch out for the rear hub though I have seen a few go bad.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 2:10 Quote
pics and specs please

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
Haydos585 wrote:
pics and specs please

Can't get any pics, but I can get you this from the website...

http://www.dkbicycles.com/completes.html?completes/09/street/ordinate/main.html

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
Please reply! Sorry for the double post...

Again, this bike is going to be mainly used for park, street tricks and manuals and stuff like that!

I paid $699 for it.... Please answer!

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
Do you like it? Does it feel good to you? Why do you care if everyone on pinkbike likes your bike?

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 19:59 Quote
cantthink wrote:
Do you like it? Does it feel good to you? Why do you care if everyone on pinkbike likes your bike?

I'm not really experienced in bikes... I thought PBForums would know something...

I've been looking on sites. And its seen like I just got ripped?

I bought it for $699 at a store in perfect condition

And over 5 sites are saying it's going for $279 including taxes and EVERYTHING...

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:21 Quote
There are very few people on the forums who you could really go by what they say, just a heads up. Not banging on PB or anything, but it's the way things are.

About the price, I'm not sure where you live, but exchange rates can play a factor. Also, no matter what, you will always get bikes cheaper online, how else would your LBS be able to make money if they sold them hella cheap? Last thing I'd like to point out is do you like the bike? If you like it, then the price shouldn't matter all that much. Sure, it sucks knowing there are better deals around, but if you are happy with what you have, why would the cost matter?

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:23 Quote
sedeone wrote:
There are very few people on the forums who you could really go by what they say, just a heads up. Not banging on PB or anything, but it's the way things are.

About the price, I'm not sure where you live, but exchange rates can play a factor. Also, no matter what, you will always get bikes cheaper online, how else would your LBS be able to make money if they sold them hella cheap? Last thing I'd like to point out is do you like the bike? If you like it, then the price shouldn't matter all that much. Sure, it sucks knowing there are better deals around, but if you are happy with what you have, why would the cost matter?

But a $200+ difference? That's almost too cheap.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
I suppose it's quite a bit of cash. What country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Something like this happened to me before, I have a freecoaster so bearings tend to blow occasionally. Anyways, I was buying bearings for $30 a pop at my LBS and then went online to check pricing, for the same price I could get 10 of them shipped to my door.

Oh, another thing to bring up, did you try asking for a deal or anything? Sometimes if you're making a big purchase, shops will cut you some slack and drop a few bucks on the price.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:35 Quote
sedeone wrote:
I suppose it's quite a bit of cash. What country are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Something like this happened to me before, I have a freecoaster so bearings tend to blow occasionally. Anyways, I was buying bearings for $30 a pop at my LBS and then went online to check pricing, for the same price I could get 10 of them shipped to my door.

Oh, another thing to bring up, did you try asking for a deal or anything? Sometimes if you're making a big purchase, shops will cut you some slack and drop a few bucks on the price.

Of course not. I live in Canada. Also, my dad ALWAYS bargains. But actually this bike was a trade-in. My old bike was a STP1, for around $1200? And my dad bargained for $900. The trade-in was worth $600 after a rode it and dirt-jumped for about 1 year. So I only paid $100 for my BMX. But they don't bargain for a trade in.

Internet says my bike ways 28.1 LBS. Is there a way to bring that down if I keep it?

I've only rode the bike once... It's just that I HATE, DESPISE, when I get a bike, and I could have gotten in for $200 cheaper...

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 20:52 Quote
A couple things you could do to save weight is just run a straight cable rather than a gyro for a break (or run brakeless if you feel comfortable). Also, you could switch to plastic pedals (which will also save your shins when you whack them). Depending on how you like your seat, you could cut the post. Everything else will start to cost money.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
I really thank you for ALL your help. But I've decided just to trade in, get a full refund, and go for something else.

Again, thanks for all the help and information!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011896
Mobile Version of Website