Titanium Spring for Fox DHX 5.0

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Titanium Spring for Fox DHX 5.0
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 20, 2010 at 16:54 Quote
just got a ti spring for my vanilla 3.25 stroke. got the kitchen scales out and saved myself 300g! tidy saving.

push tune for it next, or do i buy a DHX 5.0 and get that tuned to the max?

Posted: May 21, 2010 at 20:06 Quote
I have a question. I read that the second number on a fox spring is not the same as other springs. It said that Fox uses the shock's bind while everyone else uses maximum stroke. It said that a 3.25 fox spring is a 3.00 inch spring from any other company. They also said you can run a longer stroke spring if it fits, but not a shorter. Is this all true?

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 9:50 Quote
advorak wrote:
I have a question. I read that the second number on a fox spring is not the same as other springs. It said that Fox uses the shock's bind while everyone else uses maximum stroke. It said that a 3.25 fox spring is a 3.00 inch spring from any other company. They also said you can run a longer stroke spring if it fits, but not a shorter. Is this all true?

yeah it all seems right. you can run a longer stroke spring if it fits in the shock body (like if you have a 2.75 shock you can use a 3.00 spring.

Posted: May 23, 2010 at 19:35 Quote
It was a Bit$h to get the Ti spring for the RC4. Im not sure how easy it would be for a older model DHX? Might be kinda difficult

Posted: May 24, 2010 at 3:23 Quote
the older dhx's are relatively easy to get springs for, they are the same inside diameter as manitiou and a bunch of other shocks so putting a manitou ti spring on a dhx will go

Posted: Mar 1, 2011 at 17:44 Quote
dyalnger9 wrote:
It was a Bit$h to get the Ti spring for the RC4. Im not sure how easy it would be for a older model DHX? Might be kinda difficult

Hey, why is it difficult to find a Ti Spring for the RC4. I am looking for one, What kinds can I use?

Posted: Mar 26, 2013 at 19:29 Quote
Try Spring Time's KRONOS TITANIUM Spring. Specs 2.0", 2.5", 2.75", 3.0", 3.5" go with BOS, Elka, Cane Creek, DSP, Fox, Manitou, Marzocchi, Progressive, X-Fusion, Rock Shox Vivid, Avalanche, Romic.

You can order though their website: http://www.springtime.vg/mtb.asp. They ship promptly anywhere in the world.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019622
Mobile Version of Website