Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:02 Quote
chops wrote:
Been off on parental leave since July. Planned on taking 2 months off, 9 months in and not rushing back soon. Make the most of the time even if you are forced too. My 5 year old has said to me more than once “I’m glad your on parental leave dad”

Its amazing how much we don't realize they need us. We are really stuck in work mode as a society. For reasons, mostly monetary as a necessity. But my pops was never around. Always working trying to make more money. He finally made a bunch... then lost it. In the end he doesn’t really have relationships with us... me probably most of all. Is that worth it? Its a gamble. No hard feelings but I wanna try to have more of one with my little guy....

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:07 Quote
I have had an amazing career for the same employer for over 20 years. This year of leave to allow my wife to pursue her career and me too enjoy this time with my children has been irreplaceable.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:25 Quote
I have had a steady job for the last 15 years that had allowed me to be around for my son and oldest daughter.

We also made the choice to have my wife home with the kids until my son was an older teen even if it wasn’t the best financially.

Although since I was really young when we had my oldest daughter and I was going to school and working I missed out on a lot of her younger years.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
So bylaw came and met my dog aswell as the "Karen's" dog. When my ex opens the door Luna rolled over for belly rubs, the Karen's dog bit the bylaw officer. We got off without anything Facebook Karen has to take her dog to obidience classes and it can't go to offleash park without a muzzle. I call this a win.

Now that's justice. tup

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:41 Quote
whoadragon wrote:
Slowly descending into madness here in our little city. My wifes aunt has made us masks. Mine have skulls....lol. I also got two batches from two diff coworkers wives to spread the money around.

I'll wear mine in town if I'm I public to help with the curve. You ever know.

We also gave our older nieghbour two of those masks , hand sanitizer and a box of latex gloves tonight. She cried. Alot.

Was uncomfortable for me but I understand she is scared. I volunteered to do her groceries for her but she was exited to go shopping with her mask and gloves lol.

Be nice. Help anyone who needs it.

This is the way.

Yes indeed. Taking tomorrow evening off the pump track building to get groceries for my parents. I feel bad for them, they've been townhouse and balcony bound for weeks now. Oh well, at least they are safe.
This is the way.

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:46 Quote
Triple post win!
Another section close to being done tonight. A few wheel barrels to top things up, one root removal and this section is done. Good thing, the ground was riddled with f-n rocks! Glad to move on.

Fu*kng rocks... grumble grumble. lol

Pump coming along. To many fu king rocks in the ground along this section.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:52 Quote
Time to make a rock garden

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 22:57 Quote
mtbman1980 wrote:
Time to make a rock garden

I could but not really the right terrain for a dirt jump bike. lol

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 0:25 Quote
chops wrote:
I have had an amazing career for the same employer for over 20 years. This year of leave to allow my wife to pursue her career and me too enjoy this time with my children has been irreplaceable.

That's freaking awesome man.

Longest I've been one spot is just under 8 years. I thought I'd be with Bell Helmets forever but things started going south and I made a move for bigger and better things. Hopefully I'll be where I'm at in some capacity or another for a long while.

I got laid off while my wife was pregnant with our first kid. I decided to freelance and just be with her. Was an amazing time. I talked to her about it the other day. She's 10 now and we butt heads A LOT. She's at about the perfect age to have a massive effect due to this virus thing. She's old enough to get it but not old enough to waste her life away on TikTok like a teen ager. So I told her she might not remember how amazing that first year plus of her life was but I do and I'll never forget it. Told her we need to take a step back and enjoy what we have right now. I see them every day. I'm a hard worker so I'm usually lucky if I get more than 1-2 hours a day with them. I work too much. My favorite time of the day is morning drop offs. Now I've got her and her brother all day.

So hopefullly we'll start enjoying it a bit more and remembering the lucky side of this mess. Her and I both.

Enjoy the time you've got. It's a unique experience.

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
photo
photo

Work as usual. Yes, I bleed for my work.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 1:52 Quote
My friend bleeds at work, we know it's a good day if he bleeds

Nice Levers, real nice 50's

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 3:17 Quote
photo

This is/was my way to pickup 3 kids from kindergarten and preschool. 2 in the chariot oldest on his bike. Setup is about 1 foot shorter than the mini van.

Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 3:20 Quote
I'm never going to moan about running 2.5's DD casing tyres front & rear ever again

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 5:00 Quote
chops wrote:
photo

This is/was my way to pickup 3 kids from kindergarten and preschool. 2 in the chariot oldest on his bike. Setup is about 1 foot shorter than the mini van.
B train daddy!!!
Nice rig!

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
Great to hear your stay at home stories. I really believe it makes a big difference for kids to have a parent at home. It's not easy,, my wife and I gave up alot so she could stay home.

Parenting is one of the toughest jobs there is, it's rewarding and a pain in the ass.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047612
Mobile Version of Website