Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 23:02 Quote
"Creativity will be what sets in motion a moral panic."
“The artist is always looking for something that is not there. He is always searching for what he cannot find.”
“Art is not a mirror held up to nature; it is a hammer with which to shape nature.”

- Some AI quote generators Razz

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 20:53 Quote
singlespeedtoday wrote:
That’s neat, I’m not too surprised though. At this day in age, I can hardly think of anything more superfluous than generating AI images. It’s an interesting curiosity for sure, but I’m not sure it can give us any real insight, or do anything other than show what it has learned to see. I believe the role of art is to show us what we can’t see for ourselves, it breaks through our everyday experience and show us deep truths about our experience.

“One should not only photograph things for what they are but for what else they are.” -Minor White

“We look at the world and see what we have learned to believe is there. We have been conditioned to expect... but, as photographers, we must learn to relax our beliefs. ...if you look very intensely and slowly, things will happen that you never dreamed of before.” -Aaron Siskind

“Sometimes the rare, the beautiful can only emerge or survive in isolation. In a similar manner, some degree of withdrawal serves to nurture man’s creative powers. The artist and scientist bring out of the dark void, like the mysterious universe itself, the unique, the strange, the unexpected.” -Loren Eiseley
They are cool but they are obviously fake the images it produces. I’m not too worried about AI taking over art I am worried about it being used to fuel things like conspiracy theories. In my opinion AI art will be a fad.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
This is one of my favourite quotes:

Taking pictures is like tiptoeing
into the kitchen late at night and
stealing Oreo cookies.
-
Diane Arbus
American documentary photographer

Posted: Jul 16, 2022 at 13:16 Quote
Succumbed to the "shoot girls" thing

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 29, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
Does anyone have experience pushing film?

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:49 Quote
Sethsg wrote:

Pushed some trix to 6400. Massive Dev Chart is good https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php/

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
jsnfschr wrote:
A few shots from our indoor bike park last night. Definitely a bit of a different challenge than shooting in the woods. I really like the first shot, just bummed I missed the focus on the rider.

photo
photo
photo
photo
definitely made for some unique shots. I dig the last one

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
cullano wrote:
Sethsg wrote:

Pushed some trix to 6400. Massive Dev Chart is good https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php/
So as far as I understand when you push film, for example for HP5 to push it 2+ stops I would meter it as if it was 1600ISO film and develop it as if it was 1600ISO?

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 14:16 Quote
No but I've got some hp5 lined up to be shot at 1600 ISO - I think the contrasty look is really appealing for b&w film.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
It has been a while, but you’d shoot it and the speed you want to push it to and develop accordingly. I think it’s something like +30% development time per stop being pushed. It will vary a bit based on film type. Do some research online, you need to run your own development tests though.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 18:48 Quote
brodoyouevenbike wrote:
Succumbed to the "shoot girls" thing

photo

photo

These are cool! Good use of a wide lens!

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 21:44 Quote
Does anyone here have a business doing drone photography and surveying? I am planning on starting a business doing drone photography and possibly surveying next summer, so I can fund my post secondary education. I am not sure how to start, what is the best way to get clients, what drone should I get, and how much should I charge.

I do have a fair amount of experience flying drone and using it for photography, I have owned a Phantom 4 and Mavic Air 2. Would a drone like a Mavic Air 2 or 2S be good enough? I have heard it helps to have a bigger drone like a Phantom or Inspire as they give you a more “pro” impression.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:43 Quote
Sethsg wrote:
cullano wrote:
Sethsg wrote:

So as far as I understand when you push film, for example for HP5 to push it 2+ stops I would meter it as if it was 1600ISO film and develop it as if it was 1600ISO?

Yeah that's the idea

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 19:21 Quote
cullano wrote:
Sethsg wrote:
cullano wrote:

Yeah that's the idea
Thx.

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
Does anyone here have any advice or tips on starting a business related to photography and videography? I am planning on starting a drone photography, videography, and mapping business next summer. I am currently working on getting all the certifications and licenses.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.033858
Mobile Version of Website