Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Photographers of Pinkbike-READ THE OP
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 21:51 Quote
I will play.
photo

Planning on going to school for photography once I finish highschool.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 1:51 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I will play.
photo

Deece shot but you shouldn't have included the flash. Also could do with more light on the rider. Do you have light stands?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 16:00 Quote
I like how the flash is in it. But kind of agree on the lighting. Point it up slightly?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 18:28 Quote
Natural light...what do you think?

photo
https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3345/3617516391_02fb056974.jpg

btw, 518 is the spot that me and my friends ride at, and thats our school rock.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
Here's some of my favorite shots I've took. Any comments or suggestions?
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 19:26 Quote
The middle one's dope. IMO I think the first one needs more of a subject.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 20:52 Quote
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I will play.
photo

Deece shot but you shouldn't have included the flash. Also could do with more light on the rider. Do you have light stands?

No, I don’t have too much in terms of a light stand; I just use one of those crappy mini tripods. This was one of those situations where the rider jumped a lot higher than I expected, and I would have loved it if I had aimed it a bit higher. Has anyone experimented with more than one flash for cycling photos? I’ve got another head, I just need a slave.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
One main one in front and one "backup" (I don't know what it's called) just for fill behind or to the side. Like in this video: https://vimeo.com/6541859

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 21:20 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I will play.
photo

No, I don’t have too much in terms of a light stand; I just use one of those crappy mini tripods. This was one of those situations where the rider jumped a lot higher than I expected, and I would have loved it if I had aimed it a bit higher. Has anyone experimented with more than one flash for cycling photos? I’ve got another head, I just need a slave.

yeah outside of the studio I typically shoot 2 strobes synced with P-dubs, 2 lights has the potential to add more depth and help with fill ALOT, just keep in mind Off camera flash is a part of the shot but it can either make it or break it, I've seen some pretty atrocious lighting setups with 1-8lights and some amazing natural light shots. If you're new iI wouldn't get too caught up in lighting.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
Not pinkbike photos, but whatever.

photo

Don't hate me for this, but I also shoot scootering, which is actually pretty fun to shoot. Suggestions on these shots? (Only links, so you don't have to look at if you don't want to.)
Turndown and Boost.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
just got some of my shots put up in my school art exhibition thing. my fav one up there was this one
photo

what do you think?

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 1:22 Quote
PBPphotog wrote:
Not pinkbike photos, but whatever.

photo

Don't hate me for this, but I also shoot scootering, which is actually pretty fun to shoot. Suggestions on these shots? (Only links, so you don't have to look at if you don't want to.)
Turndown and Boost.

For the photo of the plant, make sure that your camera is entirely focused on it, or one part. Parts of it are quite blurry too. Also, use Rule of the Thirds. It makes for much more interesting photo's.
On the subject of interesting photo's, that one you took is quite bland. I find that if you sometimes spray some water on it, it becomes much more elegant. Although here, that object is quite boring.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 9:02 Quote
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
Stoked-Commencal wrote:
Cyclist-Abuse wrote:
I will play.
photo

I would have used the other flash on top of the bowl and to the right of the photograph.

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 21:31 Quote
Not biking, but I really like this shot from today.

Click

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027024
Mobile Version of Website