Amateur Videographer Group

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Amateur Videographer Group
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:22 Quote
[Quote="Skichampion"]
SpikeX wrote:
ih-sam wrote:

Good job Felix, there's some good shots in there, I think I'd have linked them a bit differently to try and get the essence of "one big trail". The picture quality is stunning.

Thanks Smile
In hindsight I would have changed the order around slightly. There are shots from 6 different trails on the mountain shot on 3 different days with different weather, so some of it wasn't so easy to join up and sync with the song.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:24 Quote
[Quote="SpikeX"]
Skichampion wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Good job Felix, there's some good shots in there, I think I'd have linked them a bit differently to try and get the essence of "one big trail". The picture quality is stunning.

Thanks Smile
In hindsight I would have changed the order around slightly. There are shots from 6 different trails on the mountain shot on 3 different days with different weather, so some of it wasn't so easy to join up and sync with the song.

Still I think you should be happy with what you've produced, whens the next one coming out?

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:26 Quote
Just got confirmation that I can get to all the Nationals rounds for NZ, 6 Nationals rounds and then the Nats Champs. Should make for a good series. Filming each one, might try and get one different pro each time to intro the vid Razz

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:40 Quote
so..

I've not done any filming apart from timelapses and scenic shots for a while now, instead me and two others have been building a single track on the hills above where we live, from the road its a 40 minute walk and everytime we go to build, we get totally soaked from the weather, but it'll be worth it.
The idea for the trail was mine as there is nothing like it in our area, all the bike stuffs either in Storthes Hall (local woods) or some random footpaths, I wanted to create a trail that was pretty long and something that riders could pin it all the way to the bottom, the reason I chose this location is the scenery really is amazing and it takes the likes of New Zealand to beat, anyway here's some pics of the past two days building progress...
http://skichampion.pinkbike.com/album/Building-the-awesome-single-track/

Cannot wait to film this at all.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:43 Quote
[Quote="Skichampion"]
SpikeX wrote:
Skichampion wrote:

Thanks Smile

Still I think you should be happy with what you've produced, whens the next one coming out?

I just have another self-filmed video (hopefully my last one) in a kind of 'day in the life' style which I'll probably get done at the end of August. I would edit it and upload it tomorrow but I need to space them out a bit seeing how few videos I can produce a year.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:46 Quote
Shred-NZ wrote:
Just got confirmation that I can get to all the Nationals rounds for NZ, 6 Nationals rounds and then the Nats Champs. Should make for a good series. Filming each one, might try and get one different pro each time to intro the vid Razz

That's a good opportunity you have there to get loads of content for the magazine...You can really start bulding it up now.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:49 Quote
Skichampion wrote:
so..

I've not done any filming apart from timelapses and scenic shots for a while now, instead me and two others have been building a single track on the hills above where we live, from the road its a 40 minute walk and everytime we go to build, we get totally soaked from the weather, but it'll be worth it.
The idea for the trail was mine as there is nothing like it in our area, all the bike stuffs either in Storthes Hall (local woods) or some random footpaths, I wanted to create a trail that was pretty long and something that riders could pin it all the way to the bottom, the reason I chose this location is the scenery really is amazing and it takes the likes of New Zealand to beat, anyway here's some pics of the past two days building progress...

Kinda looks like some of the stuff you find in the Alps. If you can get a day where there's sun and few clounds (I know, it's England, who am I kidding) it would look absolutely stunning.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:50 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Shred-NZ wrote:

That's a good opportunity you have there to get loads of content for the magazine...You can really start bulding it up now.

Yep and a mate of mine profile here has said he can do the photos I need. So it's all go come January, before then I've got the Summer Series here starting in december with 3 races so that should be good for practicing too.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 4:54 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Skichampion wrote:
so..

Kinda looks like some of the stuff you find in the Alps. If you can get a day where there's sun and few clounds (I know, it's England, who am I kidding) it would look absolutely stunning.

yeah, I get what you mean about the Alps single track
what are you on about with the weather though? it barely ever rains in England Wink haha
I know what you mean though, when it drys out it'll be nice and dusty so I'm thinking shooting it in the sunset. There's loads of different ideas for it, I know for certain someones going to have to help me with filming it, there's a hill that runs adjacent to the trail so that should provide some awesome long rage following shots.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 5:00 Quote
Skichampion wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
Skichampion wrote:
so..

what are you on about with the weather though? it barely ever rains in England Wink haha
I know what you mean though, when it drys out it'll be nice and dusty so I'm thinking shooting it in the sunset. There's loads of different ideas for it, I know for certain someones going to have to help me with filming it, there's a hill that runs adjacent to the trail so that should provide some awesome long rage following shots.

Yeah, sunset would be nice. The smart thing to do would be to have as many cameras (that you can still intercut together in editing, so not too different) as possible and shoot it that way. Or you could do what I do and be alone and have to walk up and down the mountain 20 times and spend 2 hours shooting something that should take 15 minutes from different angles. Razz

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 5:05 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
Skichampion wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Yeah, sunset would be nice. The smart thing to do would be to have as many cameras (that you can still intercut together in editing, so not too different) as possible and shoot it that way. Or you could do what I do and be alone and have to walk up and down the mountain 20 times and spend 2 hours shooting something that should take 15 minutes from different angles. Razz

I don't know anyone in my area who has a decent camcorder so I think I'll just have to provide another one myself and get a friend to help film.
I don't mind walking up and down its the riders that get pissed off Razz I suppose they have a point, pushing a full DH rig up a hill constantly. I just hope the track gets finished before summertime officially ends because then were into winter and it gets pretty bleak up there in winter.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 7:13 Quote
Is there anyone out there that doesn't use those 'film burn' thingys? I mean, at least be more original and change the color to green or manly pink or something???

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 8:29 Quote
I havnt seen a video on here that uses that for quite a long time..

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
[Quote="SpikeX"]
Skichampion wrote:
SpikeX wrote:

Thanks Smile

I liked it but I've heard that music in videos way too much...not sure exactly which ones though. A couple of the shots too, the pan/tilt/lift/dolly would stop before you cut the clip, which was a little disconcerting in some shots.

Posted: Jul 31, 2010 at 11:22 Quote
exporting my shitty whistler video. some of the footage looks extremely bad for some reason and no one will like the music and it's not cut right at all and there isn't any actual whistler footage and it's very boring.

but i guess you'll see that.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021556
Mobile Version of Website