Fox 831 DJ Fork

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 831 DJ Fork
Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 3:01 Quote
Have you considered quitting biking and taking up knitting? Bending/breaking needles is cheaper than being a hack and bending/breaking forks.

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 at 3:06 Quote
Whoa totally didn't see those photos til now. That's hilarious. 'Specially that last one.

I can totally hear my grandma saying that too.

Anyways, guys, can we move on yet? Haha.

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 19:05 Quote
I'm 190 pounds and thinking about getting this fork for my tonic fab... Am I too heavy?
Will it flex alot?

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 19:21 Quote
What are you using it for?

Do you foot jam? Do you do a lot of barspins and 3's in a street environment?

Edit: I just lurked your profile and you are looking at some fucked up parts for your tonic fab. There are some parts that you are showing interest in (that fucking marzocchi and the 9mm Fox in particular) that I will have to e-bitch slap you if you put them on that frame.

Posted: Sep 12, 2013 at 20:52 Quote
recklessness wrote:
What are you using it for?

Do you foot jam? Do you do a lot of barspins and 3's in a street environment?

Edit: I just lurked your profile and you are looking at some fucked up parts for your tonic fab. There are some parts that you are showing interest in (that fucking marzocchi and the 9mm Fox in particular) that I will have to e-bitch slap you if you put them on that frame.
I'm running full profile parts

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 17:41 Quote
Just got the fork and was wondering what psi I should run... I am 185 pounds.
Where can I find info

Posted: Sep 21, 2013 at 6:42 Quote
ChristophC wrote:
Just got the fork and was wondering what psi I should run... I am 185 pounds.
Where can I find info

obviously on foxshox website there is a manual....

its not like that.... setting sag is neccesary for xc/DH this fork is for DJ,slopestyle,4x etc... that being said the air pressure is not used to set sag but for bottom out control and proper feel.... it comes at 100psi from factory if i remember right

sooo if your not using all of your travel let some air out... if your bottoming excessively put some more in

I weigh about 150 and run the 100psi in mine I find its soft enough to soak up sidewalk cracks but still stiff enough that it doesnt bottom out over the stuff I ride. but you weigh more and may ride smaller/bigger or smoother jumps so really its hard for me to say Oh you weight xx lbs .... you need this much airpressure.

set it up so it feels right for you, if you bought a nice fork learn how to use it..

Posted: Jun 14, 2014 at 3:38 Quote
I run it on 15 bars for street, park and dirts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015538
Mobile Version of Website