The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 22:11 Quote
chuk2rs wrote:
afro-99 wrote:
do you think rock shox domains would be a good idea on my 08 norco bigfoot
I put some Domain 302's on my DJ bike. I'm not into the whole 80-100 mm travel stuff. It is 115-160mm travel. It's super stiff and Simple but rather heavy. 6lbs. But, so far I'm happy with them.
photo

sweet, how mutch do they retail for ?

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 7:44 Quote
I'm looking for a saddle to replace the one that came stock on my enduro because it's suuuuper uncomfortable. I hear WTB makes great saddles, and I took a look at the Devo and Silverado yesterday (soooo looonnnnggg) and they are quite light and look like they would have good support.

Any reccomendations?

BTW it would be used on an All Mountain bike (so lots of trail/xc riding), so it must have good support. Price isn't too much of an object, but realistically I'm not spending $200 on some saddle. Thanks.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 7:50 Quote
canadiandegelder wrote:
I'm looking for a saddle to replace the one that came stock on my enduro because it's suuuuper uncomfortable. I hear WTB makes great saddles, and I took a look at the Devo and Silverado yesterday (soooo looonnnnggg) and they are quite light and look like they would have good support.

Any reccomendations?

BTW it would be used on an All Mountain bike (so lots of trail/xc riding), so it must have good support. Price isn't too much of an object, but realistically I'm not spending $200 on some saddle. Thanks.

i highly recommend the sdg bel air st and matching i beam post.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 8:49 Quote
marquis wrote:
canadiandegelder wrote:

Any reccomendations?

I would stick to specialized saddles or wtb. Specialized saddles are medically and scientifically proven to improve bloodflow and prevent ED like some saddles back in the day didn't. Specialized has the Henge SL which is a new AM saddle and the Phenom which is their lightweight thin saddle which has flex for your sitbones. Also come in different sizes like 130mm, 143mm, and 155mm. WTB has a few but I forget the names.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
edwins are sick grips, sooo comfy.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
marquis wrote:
canadiandegelder wrote:

Any reccomendations?

I would stick to specialized saddles or wtb. Specialized saddles are medically and scientifically proven to improve bloodflow and prevent ED like some saddles back in the day didn't. Specialized has the Henge SL which is a new AM saddle and the Phenom which is their lightweight thin saddle which has flex for your sitbones. Also come in different sizes like 130mm, 143mm, and 155mm. WTB has a few but I forget the names.

i always found the wtb saddles uncomftorble but differing seats for differing butts i guess.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:40 Quote
marquis wrote:
Rattsl wrote:
marquis wrote:

i always found the wtb saddles uncomftorble but differing seats for differing butts i guess.
It's all about the sitbones placement. Not really how big your ass is..Specialized saddles ftw. I'm rocking a 2008 Specialized Rival SL on my dj/street bike.

Mod
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
Not tried the Spesh saddles but agree with the WTB comment..I've had a couple and just didn't get on with them. Fi'z:ik make some really nice saddles if you have the pennies. I'm running a Bel-Air again atm and think I'll be investing in one for the other bike too. If you can afford to go i-beam do. 2 cents Smile

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
almostwise wrote:
Not tried the Spesh saddles but agree with the WTB comment..I've had a couple and just didn't get on with them. Fi'z:ik make some really nice saddles if you have the pennies. I'm running a Bel-Air again atm and think I'll be investing in one for the other bike too. If you can afford to go i-beam do. 2 cents Smile

if you shop around you can get the saddle and post for 50-65 pounds.

my bad its the i-fly and its 70.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Kits.aspx?ModelID=23386

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
ive got an ibeam seatpost for sale XD

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:03 Quote

grips are like underwear its all personal prefference.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:06 Quote
marquis wrote:

grips are like underwear its all personal prefference.
lol
i thought you were a mod

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.716353
Mobile Version of Website