Sx Trail, Nomad or .........

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Sx Trail, Nomad or .........
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 11:22 Quote
So my current bike is pretty beat (2006 Stinky w/66) and it's time for a new ride. So far I'm liking either the SX Trail or the Nomad. I've always also liked the Bullit. I tend to mostly ride Whistler these days, and I prefer the jumpy flowy stuff like Dirt Merchant, Freight Train, ALine, etc. I used to ride XC a lot and have been wanting to get some more all mountain rides in, so I want something that can go uphill as well. Also would love for this bike to last a few years so durability is a factor. So any recommendations on a bike that can handle 20 days of Whistler a summer with a few all mountain rides thrown in?

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 11:27 Quote
Transition Bottlerocket? Brodie Zealot? Norco Shore?

just a thought..

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
I like the bottle rocket but I think 140mm is not enough travel.

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 12:25 Quote
i have riden the nomad and i absolutely i don't believe their is a more versatile bike out there but i think for what your saying an sx trail would be better...

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
ArgosKickersRule wrote:
i have riden the nomad and i absolutely i don't believe their is a more versatile bike out there but i think for what your saying an sx trail would be better...

The nomad is really nice, but now that they've dropped the travel a bit it seems like it's more all mtn than freeride. The SX is looking pretty good.

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 15:10 Quote
I love my bottlerocket but I'd much rather have a nomad but can't afford one but ask igz he has owned a sx trail and nomad

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
id get an sx trail, just becuase its made more for freeride, so it would handle whistler better. the nomad pedals a little better, but isnt as sturdy.

O+
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 14:30 Quote
Thanks guys, seems like the SX Trail is the way to go.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 20:54 Quote
i have a remedy and i love that bike its been to northstar and on xc rides, it climbs great for a big bike

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 18:26 Quote
the newer style SX trail pedals great and is made to withstand a lot more of a beating than a nomad. my vote would be for the 09 sx

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010427
Mobile Version of Website