Boxxer Race 2009

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Boxxer Race 2009
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:12 Quote
I've got Boxxer Race 2009, run only 50 km, but it has specific metallized sound when going down? what is this? there is no service of RockShox in my town, and this is my first RockShox how should I treat it for long time usage?

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:35 Quote
take the spring out and check the shrink wrap on it...might be the spring hitting on the inside of the stanchion...should be three separate shrink wraps on the spring sometimes they move, so check it...u want one at the top, one in the middle, and one at the bottom

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
Get it checked! This same sound happened to my friend and the seals blew and the stanchions seperated from the lowers. It is worth the trouble of getting in check.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:49 Quote
photo

They were bombers, but same noise.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 13:53 Quote
mtbrider71 wrote:
*snip*

They were bombers, but same noise.
two completely different forks, not even remotely similar...the boxxers have an issue with the shrink wrap on the springs moving around after a bit of riding...this is more than likely the problem, as it makes a metallic clicking noise when the spring flexes under compression and hits the inside of the stanchion...try this and if the problem still persists, then have it serviced

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
romich wrote:
I've got Boxxer Race 2009, run only 50 km, but it has specific metallized sound when going down? what is this? there is no service of RockShox in my town, and this is my first RockShox how should I treat it for long time usage?

may I ride with this sound, is this dangerous for fork or only unpleasant for eyers?

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 at 17:56 Quote
romich wrote:
romich wrote:

may I ride with this sound, is this dangerous for fork or only unpleasant for eyers?
if it is the spring hitting the inside of the stanchion then yes u can ride with it, but i found it quite annoying when it happened to mine...i would check it out just to be sure tho. I am just speculating as to what i think the sound is, so in order to rule out a more serious problem just pop the cap of the left stanchion and check the shrink wrap on the spring...it litterally takes 2 minutes

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
zach1441 wrote:
romich wrote:
romich wrote:

if it is the spring hitting the inside of the stanchion then yes u can ride with it, but i found it quite annoying when it happened to mine...i would check it out just to be sure tho. I am just speculating as to what i think the sound is, so in order to rule out a more serious problem just pop the cap of the left stanchion and check the shrink wrap on the spring...it litterally takes 2 minutes

Boxxer is my first Rockshox fork...scary to do it Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:41 Quote
romich wrote:
zach1441 wrote:
romich wrote:

just take your time with it....there actually extremly easy to work on and sram has a bunch of videos on there site that can help you out with tearing it down as well as pdf files

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
romich wrote:
zach1441 wrote:
romich wrote:

the spring is no problem...nothing it under compression so nothing will come flying out or anything...just unscrew the cap on top and grab the spring and it slides right out...

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 3:10 Quote
I ran 100 km on Boxxer and it become not so soft, a little bit harder, what for?

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 8:04 Quote
romich wrote:
I ran 100 km on Boxxer and it become not so soft, a little bit harder, what for?
could be a number of things. might be the seals are dried out, might be the oil inside...have the oil changed, u can do it yourself, but it sounds like yout pretty unfamiliar with the fork. i would take it to your lbs to have it serviced, see if they will let you watch them do it so you can learn. some shop techs are cool bout this and will let you do it, some wont.

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 13:56 Quote
now something is clicking in first 3 cm of travel down...wtat is this

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 14:10 Quote
romich wrote:
now something is clicking in first 3 cm of travel down...wtat is this
thats the spring! move the shrink wrap on the spring in the left leg

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015407
Mobile Version of Website