10 Years From Now...

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
10 Years From Now...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:48 Quote
What will the world be like in/within 10 years (In your opinion)?

What will the major issues be what country(s) will be the new leading superpowers of the world, disease, economy, etc... anything and everything.

To start things off here are somethings I think will occur:

-Drinkable Water Problems (I keep hearing they will arise by 2010)
-Global Population will increase drmatically & be heavily mixed/diversified
-US will be in a severe socio-economic slump then Canada would follow shortly thereafter
-China will become the worlds leading superpower...
To be continued>>>

What do you think it will be like...?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
it 10 years i see awesome bikes so sweet and theyll be $1!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:54 Quote
nuvolari internal gearbox bikes will be everywhere, check out ellesworths cruiser and how the internat hub works! amazing and supposively no extra friction?!?!?!

crazy

meh more than likely we wont be dead, but every non cyclist will be like aarrrrgggg no more fuel! fuel frickin prices! hahahaha we'll all be fixieing our way to work

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
thanx kick snlicks, maybe you should stay in school (or go to therapy) and find out when people will die out,i don't know what the future will bring and to my extent of knowledge i can't change it so ill keep riding for as long as i can

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:06 Quote
kawasakirules wrote:
thanx kick snlicks, maybe you should stay in school (or go to therapy) and find out when people will die out
I spent a whole 10 minutes trying to find something that made sense in that post. I'm still looking.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:06 Quote
And I think the OP is looking for something a little deeper then new bikes Wink

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:17 Quote
yo 10 years from now i hope toronto will have a freaking indoor skatepark!!!! how about that eh! lol

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:17 Quote
Hopefully, the US will get a halfway intelligent president in order to avoid a socioeconomic slump. I do thing the US will remain superpower.

Also, I am really hoping that the general public will start making a true effort towards energy efficiency. People are ignorantly wasting energy and we can easily change that. I don't like global warming, I want to ski when I'm 50.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:25 Quote
3dfreak wrote:
yo 10 years from now i hope toronto will have a freaking indoor skatepark!!!! how about that eh! lol
toronto has enough stuff, we need one out here in saint john! hahaha

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:26 Quote
runner wrote:
Hopefully, the US will get a halfway intelligent president in order to avoid a socioeconomic slump. I do thing the US will remain superpower.

Also, I am really hoping that the general public will start making a true effort towards energy efficiency. People are ignorantly wasting energy and we can easily change that. I don't like global warming, I want to ski when I'm 50.
yea i no more ppl should bike Wink

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:28 Quote
Maybe not in ten years but deffinately in the future there will be hover bikes and Biking will be retarded cause it's all on hover bikes and all the hew little rich kids will be ridin' and will have long forgot about, Bearclaw, Josh Bender, Tyler Super-T and John Cowan along with all the other people that got the sport going. But we'll all still be rippin' it up in our final years, before we kick the bucket!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:30 Quote
yea in the future my kids will be like: you still pedal?!

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:31 Quote
jumpstyle wrote:
yea in the future my kids will be like: you still pedal?!
Yeah then they'll say "pedaling's for chumps dad!"

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 12:36 Quote
LOL, love the optimism in the first reply.

Lets debate polital/social/economics futures here eh and keep bike related futures in the bike section(s) *8-P

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 17:12 Quote
dmrbikerboy wrote:
nuvolari internal gearbox bikes will be everywhere, check out ellesworths cruiser and how the internat hub works! amazing and supposively no extra friction?!?!?!

crazy

meh more than likely we wont be dead, but every non cyclist will be like aarrrrgggg no more fuel! fuel frickin prices! hahahaha we'll all be fixieing our way to work

hopefully that is the case...also,. if ellsworth has invented a zero friction gearbox, they'd do well to tell us the secret, since anything with no friction (and hence, perpetual motion) would solve the fuel crisis

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008439
Mobile Version of Website