10 Years From Now...

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
10 Years From Now...
Mod
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
I wouldn't be surprized if the population is hit with a super bug or some sickness that would be comparable to the plague or ebola. It seems like we are getting more and more cases of weird bad illnesses as the years go by. It can only be so long before one takes hold and really catches on.

US will probably still be fighting in the middle east is my guess.

Terrorism, AIDS, Scandal, old alliances broken and new alliances, cold war, maybe even straight out war, lack of potable water, poverty, I think those are all going to be rearing their ugly faces soon enough.

As much as I'd like to be optimistic, the world seems to be getting uglier by the year.

Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 18:04 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprized if the population is hit with a super bug or some sickness that would be comparable to the plague or ebola. It seems like we are getting more and more cases of weird bad illnesses as the years go by. It can only be so long before one takes hold and really catches on.

This is very true, what's even worse though is the common viruses are becoming more and more drug resistant and at the same time people are so medicated that their immune systems are shot.

This past year I caught the worst flu bug I've ever had. I got sick the first week of December and I had nasty flu symptoms well into January. By the 2nd week I had completely stopped taking any medication for it because nothing I took was even touching it.

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
terriflow3-0 wrote:

This is very true, what's even worse though is the common viruses are becoming more and more drug resistant and at the same time people are so medicated that their immune systems are shot.

This past year I caught the worst flu bug I've ever had. I got sick the first week of December and I had nasty flu symptoms well into January. By the 2nd week I had completely stopped taking any medication for it because nothing I took was even touching it.

I got the flu a few weeks maybe a month ago. Knocked the flu symptoms down pretty quick but the cough is still here. It's so bad that I've been give an inhaler and I don't even have asthma. The flu bugs are getting gnarlier and gnarlier.

here's a thought on population tip...

after WW2 the baby boomers hit the world with a HUGE increase in population. That generation is dying off and their children are getting closer as well. Because of the economy changes and the just general way things are done changing in the U.S. families are getting started later and are smaller. The generation coming up now is much smaller in numbers so the population will dwindle by itself over the next 50 years.

On the flip side of that some other countries are booming and their population rates are rising.

All in all I honestly believe that the earth is doomed at some point and so is the human race. All we can do is do our best to decrease our effects on the planet and hope the next generation does the same.

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
I think we'll see a lot of big earthquakes, I believe there'll be such a big one in California that America won't recover.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 7:35 Quote
andynbooth wrote:
I think we'll see a lot of big earthquakes, I believe there'll be such a big one in California that America won't recover.
vancouver is apparently due for a big one

FL
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 16:43 Quote
andynbooth wrote:

I doubt that. Not the big one... but the not recovering part.

I live on a fault. We have earthquakes weekly.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 17:53 Quote
They were talking at some point that the Ice caps would melt, and ALL the citys that are on the side of the ocean, woulf flood. But never heard of BIG earthquake.

Mod
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
Hmmm.... what will th new countries be, what will not be a country any longer. I could see Alberta and maybe BC leaving Canada. Apparently the polls show the rates for people wanting seperation as of this month are 25% in Alberta. (since we are doing elections right now - we got lots of election polls up and running)
I'd say Alberta seperating isn't so far out there if some more liberal parties get the reigns and forgetting of the west continues to happen in Ottawa.

Of course few people will vote for the seperatist party as it is in 'Conservatives we Trust'.. but you never know.

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
Hmmm.... what will th new countries be, what will not be a country any longer. I could see Alberta and maybe BC leaving Canada. Apparently the polls show the rates for people wanting seperation as of this month are 25% in Alberta. (since we are doing elections right now - we got lots of election polls up and running)
I'd say Alberta seperating isn't so far out there if some more liberal parties get the reigns and forgetting of the west continues to happen in Ottawa.

Of course few people will vote for the seperatist party as it is in 'Conservatives we Trust'.. but you never know.

oh, so i better move to BC right now

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 9:45 Quote
we're all going to die.

Posted: Mar 1, 2008 at 10:01 Quote
marty660 wrote:
we're all going to die.

Thats good to know

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
so one part is coming true so far...America is in a recession that seems to be one they can't recover from, so thats a start Razz

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
thorno wrote:
so one part is coming true so far...America is in a recession that seems to be one they can't recover from, so thats a start Razz

Not quite... The economy is slow but it still isn't a recession. But all the war debt sure isn't helping

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
gibson19 wrote:
thorno wrote:

Not quite... The economy is slow but it still isn't a recession. But all the war debt sure isn't helping

It is in recession, they just will never admit. Frown
That's bad for us Canadians cause US is a big partner for us.

Posted: Mar 18, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
in 500 years males will have larger penises and females will have perkier breast.
what will sceintist think up next

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032004
Mobile Version of Website